Just starting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Elsie 45
    on

Not diabetic but overweight and always tired. Various medications make losing weight hard. Have tried 5 2 but hasn’t shifted weight. I do regular exercise but feel I am at risk due to my weight and list of ailments. Find lowcarb hard as always hungry but going to give it a real go. Although 70 years old I am always busy and many of recipes very time consuming

• posted by Elsie 45
    on

Following on. Just done day 1. Roughly 800 Cals on My fitness pal and no carbs. Did 1hr of linedancing and 10000 steps Now scared of night time. I am a bad sleeper with restless legs and cramps so if wake up in night and hungry will struggle not to eat an oatcake or bowl of muesli. I hungry right now in spite of a good dinner but having a herbal tea in bed then will read and then listen to a story and hope I sleep. Hubby night owl with 3.00
    am bedtime so that doesn’t help

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome Elsie! Good to have you join us! I will look forward to hearing more about your journey — always hard the first few days — many of us had hunger too. Try hot soup, tea, broth, all help with hunger.

• posted by Izzy
    on

The hunger fades so don’t be scared of it, try to ride it out over the first few days.

In the book Mr Mosely suggests if you struggle to sleep to try having your meal later than normal. I find herbal tea helps me along and a few nuts would be better than an oatcake but may help too. Daytime hunger can be helped with sugar free gum I find but that isn’t as useful at night lol.

The cooking doesn’t need to be complicated, there are many simpler recipes. Let us know what you like to eat and maybe we can give you some suggestions 🙂

• posted by Elsie 45
    on

Thanks Izzy. Daytime hunger doesn’t bother me but evenings bad. I did 6 weeks after Christmas with no sugar apart from in berries and didn’t lose half a pound so that is why I am trying to cut down on carbs in general. I like all foods but just don’t want to spend hours preparing. I tend to prefer hot food instead of cold

• posted by hammersgirl
    on

Eggs are amazing and quick to cook and also very filling. Have had chopped up omelette with stir fry veg tonight-you can buy frozen packs of stir fry veg if you don’t have the time to chop everything up yourself. Make a vat of soup and freeze some portions for a quick meal. Tonight I’ve had a few almonds which have killed the hunger pangs. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.