Just Started

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jennym12
    on

Hi, I have just completed my first day. I feel like 8 weeks is very far away, but I’m really hoping I can do this. I have been logging everything into MyFitnessPal and the problem I’ve found is that fat has a lot more calories than anything else, so I had to cut down in a lot of other areas like protein. Also MyFitnessPal scolded me for not eating enough calories lol. I was really hungry mid morning but tried not to snack which was probably a bad idea because by lunchtime I was starving and ate too quickly. Anyway, I will check in weekly, and i would love to hear how other newbies are going. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

We were all newbies at some point jenny
    The first few days can be a bit trying as your body adjusts to a new lifestyle, but after that things settle down. Keep your liquid intake up to 2 – 3 litres a day, that will help with headache and constipation issues.
    After a few days, you’ll be amazed at how easy this is and you will rarely, if ever, feel hungry.
    Looking forward to your first weigh day post, Bet you are happier then than you are this morning ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hello Jenny,

Just go a day at a time and don’t think about the 7+ weeks ahead of you. I also have the same issue with MFP, I just ignore the silly message. It takes a while of fiddling around with your diet to get the nutrient levels right for you.

• posted by Brenmar
    on

Hi Jenny,

I started my fifth week yesterday (Monday). So far I have lost 10kgs (1.5st). I rarely feel hungry. I have once or twice exceeded the 800 cal per day limit. And I feel so much better. Stick with it.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

I wondered how I’d cope for those first few days – I was even carrying around a portion of All Bran in case I needed a few extra calories! I’m now in week 3 and thinking nothing of it. I’m occasionally very hungry, but it’s nothing my next meal doesn’t cure. On top of that, the results you will see will keep you motivated! Plan well and – I advise – count calories carefully until you are absolutely sure of portion sizes and so on. Good luck!

• posted by nidge64
    on

Hi Jenny.
    Just beginning my 4th week and starting to really feel the benefits of the BSD program.
    As bill said we all stated at some point and don’t look too far ahead and concentrate on each new day.
    I was 21st 9lbs less than 24 days ago and I weighed myself on Sunday and was 18st 10 lbs which blew me away.
    The weekends are hardest for me as everyone around me is over indulging and temptation is at its peak.
    The first few days are a struggle but your body will get used to it but I do recommend eating quite a lot of fat in this diet and drink lots of water which keeps hunger at bay.
    Good luck and remember there are lots of people in forum’s to help out.
    Nidge

• posted by Jennym12
    on

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support. I had a bad night last night as I was starving and couldn’t sleep, but I woke up fine this morning. I don’t feel as hungry today and I bought some meal replacement shakes to fill me up a bit at night time. I lost 1.2kg in the first day which I know is just fluid but it has spurred me on. Will post weight loss at the end of week 1. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.