Just Keep on Keeping on in July ! Week beginning 26th July 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well, this is our last week of July , folks .I cannot say the last few weeks have been my most disciplined but that’s ok . We know what to do though and if you too have had a few lapses, then like me , accept that we have times when celebrations are important.
    Looking forward to getting back to my routine as I have missed my crisp lettuces and fresh veg as much as I enjoyed my cream teas 😉

Feel free to join us whatever stage you are at .

Thank you to SG and her commitment to the thread, thanks to everyone , those who continue to contribute and keep our thread alive. Hopefully we can build our little community and keep going as the summer ( or winter for our Aussie friends ) progresses

Wendy, sunshine girl and Sunny B

• posted by wendleg
    on

I couldn’t see any new people on the thread during my time away but please let me know if I have missed anyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wendleg/Wendy
    Sunshine-girl
    SunnyB
    Florab85/Lauren
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    WindyJulz
    Natalie
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Slimmingruby
    FlowersForever
    Jess213
    OriginalMurrayMint
    Mrs H22/Laura
    HopefulinOz
    DaisyWalsh
    Russianroulade
    arcticfox
    Californiagirl
    sixturkeys

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Wendy, really pleased you have had a fantastic time away celebrating with family … a long awaited catch up in person I know. Good to have you back here though and hopefully the thread will be well populated for this final week of July.

My first proper week back hasn’t been a huge success, just 1lb less, but determined to make this week count with proper tracking and recording, as I know I need to reign in the calories as well as the carbs to ditch the pounds. Fat is too big a feature for me at the moment, so I definitely need to dial back in that area, which should in turn help out with the calorie intake.

Looking forward to being part of this thread whilst trying to get back to full on BSD.

• posted by CeciliaFW
    on

Hello all

My first week on here. Not totally new to fast 800 but new to the forum. I’m prediabetic and anxious to turn things around. First day was today and I have the inevitable beginners headache and cravings. Meal planning for next week has gone well though using the recipes. Looking forward to the Vietnamese
    Soup especially. How important have you all found being organised and arranging menus ahead has been for you? I know I’m at my weakest if I don’t have a plan.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all, RubyG still here.
    My weight is stuck at 12st 4lb-ish with no motivation at the moment apart from getting through each day. I am struggling at work at the moment, meal planning is just not happening, but I am not eating carbage so that’s one good thing at least.
    Hubby is still doing well in maintaining, and has his follow-up blood tests in a couple of weeks – hopefully his cholesterol is lower this time (his last test was just after Christmas and a lot of cheese) and there is no reason his HbA1c should be high as his carb intake is still low, with the occasional one beer on a weekend evening.
    Trying my best to keep on keeping on.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Post reported!
    I.am having. a veggie bowl in a Parc near my.son`s place. It was worth walking up the steps. I.have a view of the Eiffel tower from here ☺

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, how nice Wendy, a veggie bowl in a park in Paris. Oh la la. This is my last post for nearly 3 weeks. I nearly reached my goal of 72 by reaching 72.4. I only used 8 units of insulin last night and my BG this morning was still way too low – I’m sure that will change with all the events I will be at over the next few weeks. However, I dont really care much as I am going to live life and enjoy myself.

Take care of yourselves. See you around 20th August.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all

I’m still here, slogging along, not making much progress but that’s what it is. I’m trying to be at peace with that.

Will post more when I can get my head straight, I’ve felt very pensive and contemplative the last couple of weeks, and not a little down, but I’m trying to pull myself back up a day at a time.

On the plus side…..:I got my promotion! I am now interim (for six months at the moment) director of academic quality, it’s a big change for me but a needed one and I’m daunted but excited. The interview was horrible and I was sure I’d fluffed it but the panel was really impressed apparently. Someone round here might have told me off a little bit for not believing in myself…..:so I’m trying to take those ahem *wise* words on board and at least be proud of myself.

Just wanted to drop in quickly to say hi to everyone and send my good wishes to those who have difficulties at the moment.

Oh and Cecelia, welcome, I would hardly say I’m an expert here, I know the science, what I lack is the willpower and energy to actually commit to it! But I have to plan as well if I’m going to have any chance, I also have to make sure there’s variety, and I have to make sure everything has flavour – I can’t do bland, and I can’t do repetitive, so the herbs and spices get used to oblivion! I also suffer horrendously from carb flu every single time I start again so I sympathise with that, I’ve never yet found the cure so I can’t offer advice but I sympathise!

Will write more later in the week

Big love

(Ps SunnyB nice to have you back for a few weeks!)

L xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

L, good to see you too. Huge congrats on your promotion and I’m sure it is more than deserved. Like you, I am finding focus tough at the moment and seeing woefully little happening on the scales. Really want to get back to target before 21st Sept, but currently fearful this will not happen.

Anyway, guess we just have to do our best to get our heads in the game and keep on keeping on.

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Hi all. I am just popping on very quickly to say I am probably going to be absent for a few weeks. Everything is ok, but some family needs are taking priority at the moment. I look forward to being back soon. Take care all xxxx

• posted by florob85
    on

Big hugs hopeful x

• posted by wendleg
    on

HI everyone
    I will be setting up the new August thread very shortly !!
    Wendy x

Please log in or register to post a reply.