Just Checking In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bluefairy513
    on

Hi folks!
    I just joined, I won’t be starting the 800 diet until tomorrow. Tonight is a “last meal” with a family of friends and my son. I’ve been diagnosed as “pre diabetic and want to reverse that. I also just recovered from a stay in the hospital for a GI bleed from diverticulitis. I’ve always been enviably healthy so these are two blows that come as a shock. My weight has been a problem since I was young, not severe but always an issue. The diet restrictions for Diverticulitis / diverticulosis are so vague and every fact I read can be disproven with the next. Not real sure what to do about that but I’m taking supplements known to help and have been told to avoid spicy foods (DOH! At least tonight will be a home cooked meal of Indian fare that I can dream about for the next two months)
    So I have my glucose meter, I’ve known about ketogenic diets since forever and I’m hoping I can muster the will power to live with just 800 calories a day! Tomorrow begins!

Please log in or register to post a reply.