I've REVERSED diabetes!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shadynook
    on

By following the Fast 800 diet and increasing activity since being diagnosed in October 2016 I’ve lost over 2 stone and managed to reverse diabetes!! I had a fasting blood test last Monday and got the result today. My HbA.C was 39 down from 51 and glucose was 6.6. As you can imagine I’m over the moon! All my hard work and determination has paid off.
    To anyone out there just starting the BSD or considering starting it, do it, it REALLY does work, I’m living proof.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations, it is so great to hear that you are no longer regarded as diabetic. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ this WOE really does seem miraculous sometimes doesn’t it, but then as you said, it couldn’t happen without your hard work and determination, so well done!

• posted by MrsPink
    on

Well done! Hearing success stories like yours is very encouraging.
    May I ask what your fasting blood glucose level was before you started?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Congratulations.

My fasting blood on starting the BSD in December 2015 was 10.9. After 8 weeks it was 5.3. Now it is normally under 5 (random tests only now). HbA1c December 2015 was 9.6, January ’16 it was 8.7, April ’16 it was 5.5, July ’16 it was 5.2 and a week ago it was 5.1.

We are proving to the medical professionals that it does work. And saving them money.

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

This is amazing !!!! well done. You deserve a huge pat on the back. It isn’t easy is it. I am hoping to do the same. Same sort of readings. I was, however, diagnosed in 2005 and told to go on metformin then!!!! I held out all this time but have been really bad last two years – eating and drinking all I wanted, not exercising properly and having a shed load of stress too. I am so pleased to hear your results. My nurse was on the phone yesterday telling me to ignore this diet and go get that Hba1c straight away as I was overdue my test. I told her in no uncertain terms this time I was calling the shots – that after 12 weeks I will get it tested. And, if it is low I will ask for another diabetic glucose tolerance test – how they diagnosed me in the first place. If they wont agree I will get it done privately.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

On-a-Mission – I was mis-diagnosed about 2007 (they performed the glucose tolerance test incorrectly) and it was only picked up a year later! But I was (correctly) diagnosed in 2009. I have had many interesting conversations about both Metformin and statins. I did try statins under pressure but quickly stopped them. But always refused Metformin.

Best wishes.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

Well done on-a-mission! I, too, had a practice nurse haranguing me about her diabetes clinic. They earn huge amounts of money for doling out bad advice. Eat carbs to raise your BG, consume increasing doses of drugs to counteract this, experience galloping progression of your illness. On the other hand, you could control your own destiny. I find it amazing that low/no carbs and weight loss have such a beneficial effect. BSD came along at just the right time for me.

• posted by LizV
    on

Congratulations! Thanks so much for posting! It’s so encouraging.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Shadynook – congratulations on your superb achievement. It must feel really great to have defeated diabetes – well done for all your hard work and determination.

• posted by Summermoonstone
    on

What wonderful news Shadynook you must be so thrilled!
    captainlynne Those are truly amazing results well done!
    On-a-Mission might it be a good idea to have your HBa1c done now then again in 12 weeks just so you can have a good comparison? I’d like to do that but they’ll not give me the test as I only had it done last month before I started on this diet. I cant believe the nurse told you to ignore this diet … my GP is the one who told me about it and is quite evangelical about it. When I saw the Diabetic Nurse a couple of weeks later and said this was what I was going to do she stopped discussing any other options (not that there were many) and we just talked about this – so have to say full support from my health professionals.
    I agree about Metformin. The side effects are horrendous! I told a Nurse recently that if that is how I had to to live then I would rather not … and I meant it!
    I only started the diet on Monday but I do hope I can come back on here in three months time with the same sort of good news as Shadynook and captainlynne . You are my inspiration. Thank you

• posted by josie53
    on

Summermoonstone i have also reversed my diabetes. I have lost 3 stone since i started in June. I have reduced my Metformin as well. I am hoping when i go back in May they will review this and let me stop taking the tablets. I feel like you and hated the Metformin it made me feel very ill but they changed it to slow release tablets which i now only take one of a day. Carry on i am stuck a bit after Christmas i only put on about 2 lbs but am struggling to lose any more than the 2 lbs.

• posted by Shadynook
    on

Hi – my fasting blood test was 51 in October that’s when the doctor said I was diabetic. She also told me I had a high reading 12 months before. I asked why no one had told me and she couldn’t answer! At that time the only thing the doctor told me was I had a fatty liver, he asked if I drank a lot of alcohol. I told him I didn’t but he never once mentioned glucose or diabetes, so for 12 months I wasn’t even aware I was pre-diabetic. Be strong and determined and you WILL do it.
    Best wishes Kate

• posted by lozzie
    on

How do you all get over cravings? and so happy for you,,

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Cravings just go if you don’t give into them. Distraction seems to be the key, either by having a drink instead, water or herbal tea especially are mentioned as useful, or just by getting busy with something else. If they persist, you can try a spoon full or two of full fat yoghurt, or a bit of peanut butter on a teaspoon to make them go away.

Please log in or register to post a reply.