It's Time Kermit had a Meal and Drink with my Wife!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Davidc
    on

So that is the end of the first week and I’m pleased as I have lost 7 ¾ lbs so well on my way to my target of 20lbs. Time for some reflection …….

….800 calories sounds daunting when you first start but there are so many recipes that help you achieve that and still feel full. Fridge still looks like Kermit the Frog has exploded. The hunger passed for me in a few days and I really think that drinking lots of water helps. I bought a fruit infusion water bottle (from Tesco £6) and have found some lovely flavours to try online.

….My wife, One thing I perhaps didn’t think enough about was her eating habits, she does not need to lose weight. Also she doesn’t like a lot of foods recommended in BSD, beans, pulses etc. So rather than cook the same thing for her I have been incorporating some of her favourites back into the main meal. Also buying her deserts that she likes. It’s very important that they are able to eat and drink what they want, so she has a glass of wine with her meal.

….Time, don’t underestimate the time it takes to plan the meals and shop more regularly as you eat more fresh vegetables. Fitting in 10,000 steps a day is also time consuming. My respect to those who are working full time while on BSD.

….Alcohol, I enjoy cooking so would have drink while cooking, wine with the meal and a few whiskies in the evening. Missing my wine but it’s worth it, breaking the habit is the hardest part. Longest I have been without a drink for a long while.

So how am I feeling, if I needed to sum it up in one word it would be “taller”, let me explain, I have lost weight round my face and my middle, I have more energy and generally feeling better about myself. I just feel that I’m walking taller.

I now know that I will meet my target and in the months/years to come I can see me doing a week now and again if I need to shed a few pounds.

Good luck to everyone at the start of the BSD

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Fantastic result David well done! My fridge is groaning under salad and vegetables as well! Plus raspberries and strawberries, even some cherries this week that were reduced.

It’s costing a bit but actually because I’m eating way less overall than usual, I don’t think it will work out much different in the long term.

I’ve just finished my first week too, and I’m at least 4, possibly as much as 6lbs down. I’ll weigh on some proper scales later.

I love your description of feeling taller… it’s a wonderful feeling, being in control and making your body do what you want it to, rather than being a slave to its demands.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi David, well done! Great first week and yes, I agree – if there is one thing that is a must it is planning. Getting the balance right each day is critical as is measuring everything and recording everything. I cook for four and freeze three meals, so I usually have at least 3-4 soups on hands, and a couple of veg stews.
    The only thing that has not worked so well was the humus that I made. I could eat so little of it to keep in with the meal plan, I have left it frozen for use in the 5:2. I could not have done this without the freezer!
    I look forward to hearing about the further losses as weeks go by.

Please log in or register to post a reply.