is there a list of acceptable foods

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

As I’m just starting tomorrow, I wondered if there is a list of foods we are allowed and lists of what we aren’t. . The recipes are fine if your used to eating that sort of food. Just trying to make life a little easier and less daunting for the first week

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Its probably easier to say what you shouldn’t eat rather than what is acceptable. After you have taken out all bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, pastry, and anything else with sugar in it, what you are left with is what you can eat.

So you can eat meat, fish, all veg apart from potatoes, fruit in moderation. Full fat dairy products. Oils and nuts. Herbs and spices. All you need to do is keep your calorie intake to 800.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Thank you Janet just a little daunting. Getting excited about starting tomorrow.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I wish you every success tamznlaws. You’ll soon get the hang of it. For me, the key is planning ahead and knowing what meals I’ll be having so that I make the best use of the 800. You’ll get loads of support from the forums.

• posted by Teej
    on

I have started today after a week of watching the forums. I am still trying to get my head around what to eat! I had eggs scrambled with a little butter for breakfast and was surprised at how good it was, didn’t think I would want to eat them without toast underneath. I too am finding it all a bit daunting as it is far removed from the way I have been eating, hence the need for change. I am looking forward to lifting the fog and having some energy again!

• posted by Aliba
    on

I’m on week four and Janet’s right, it is all about planning…and keeping it simple as I’m not one for spending lots of time in the kitchen…far too tempting!
    Heres a few ideas for breakfast:
    Greek yoghurt full fat with a few seeds and some frozen berries (left in fridge overnight or zapped in microwave in the morning)
    Full fat cottage cheese with grated apple and cinnamon
    The Bircher muesli in the book (I get all the ingredients ready the night before and then just mix it up in the morning)
    The egg muffins – I’ve posted in recipe section – I always have a few of these in the fridge
    2 egg omelette with cooked mushrooms and tomatoes
    Good luck..it’s easier than you think!

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

thank you so much Teej and Aliba for your responses and support.

• posted by Jay
    on

Hi
    Can you still have coffee and semi skimmed milk?

Also is soya milk ok to drink too?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Jay
    In the book Michael does say you can have coffee with a splash of milk as long as you count the milk in your daily calories
    Don’t know about soya milk but I can’t see anything seriously bad with it.

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

Soy milk is okay if your eating other dairy and nuts to get enough calcium. If not almond milk has calcium in it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.