Is the blood sugar diet the same as the low gi diet?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Macleod1974
    on

Hi, I’m interested in doing the blood sugar diet myself to lose weight (im not diabetic but worried I’m heading that way!). A friend who is diabetic has been told she has to come off metformin as it’s not agreeing with her, and has been advised to use a low gi diet. I said I’d help her find out more, and wondered if there is much of a difference between the two? Thanks!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi macleod, welcome to the forums! 🙂

The short answer is NO!!!

The low GI includes starchy carbs this diet does not include any starchy carbs

This diet is based on 11 years of work with diabetic patients by professor roy taylor of newcastle university.
    It can REVERSE diabetes. If you look at the thread started by Bill1954 called this has to work for me you will discover his incredible journey. He is now of his 3 diabetes meds and has pre diabetes readings. Cherrieanne and captainlynne now have normal non diabetic blood sugar readings!!

This is the diet for your friend!

Those, like me, who are hypothyroid rather than diabetic have experienced amazing health improvements. In my case the massive steroid doses for my asthma has been reduced.

800 calories sounds quite scary but you can have 3 sensible meals with no starchy carbs on that amount of calories. It is designed to last for 8 weeks – which goes faster than you think! By week two it becomes easy to do and well worth it for the health benefits!

Hope this helps you and your friend 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.