Is 8wks the max time one can do the 800 BSG?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by simoncollyer58
    on

s 8wks on the 800 BSG the Max or can you continue indefinately if one has Substantial weight to lose?

(eg10 stone in total) started on Sun 24th Jan now in wk 5 and have gone from 24st 5lb to 22st 3lb currently).

• posted by misspiggy1990
    on

Can’t advise cos I’m a new member but I weigh 18.5st and I’d like to know if I can do 800kcal for longer as well.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Dr mosley suggests going onto 5:2 if you haven’t reached your target weight after 8 weeks, page 147 in the book.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I checked with the team, as I wanted to continue past the 8 weeks. The answer was that as long as I felt well, and had no problems it was ok to continue on the 800 BSD for an extra few weeks, but then go on to 5:2. Hope this clarifies the point.

• posted by Yumelda24
    on

Thanks for the helpful post captainlynne. I was originally thinking of planning to have a 2-week break at the end of the 8 weeks, before re-commencing again to reach my total goal (59 pounds). But now I will carry on for an extra few weeks, which should get me there. (Started on 10 Feb and so far have lost 12 lbs.)

Please log in or register to post a reply.