Intolerance to Chickpea, Garlic and Onion.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeman
    on

Hello all.

I’m pre and I’ve been told to lower my levels or face irreversible damage. Bit of an issue though. I’m a veggie, a true veggie. So fish is out of the question. I’m also intolerant to Chickpea, Garlic and Onion. As you can imagine this causes some issues in menu planning. Any suggestions, or does anyone suffer from the same? Any help to steer me onto the right path will be most gratefully received.

Kindest

Lee

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Leeman, I am not veggie but enjoy veggie meals a couple of times a week, I also hate fish except canned tuna. I would say you are in a good position on this diet as I now practically live on veg. Be reassured, onions are high in carbs so I doesn’t matter if you dont eat them, garlic can be replaced with lots of other herbs and spices to make your food interesting and chickpeas are also high in carbs and only recommended now and then.

You are not vegan so where do you normally get your proteins – nothing wrong with eggs and cheese although go for the Med cheeses like feta and mozzarella with an occasional crumbly white or cheddar although you cannot live of that. What about lentils and pulses and beans. There is a thread on here somewhere called something like Im Vegetarian What Can I Eat. You might also find some good recipes on this site or go to DietDoctor.com. Just steer away from white carbs like bread, potato, rice, pasta, cereals and sugar.

Good luck.

Edit, I have just typed Vegetarian in the search engine and so many posts came up with recipes, suggestions, diet tips etc.

Please log in or register to post a reply.