Intense workout

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by georgieS
    on

Hi all

I have just started this 8 week this morning. What I want to know is if I already train 2 x a day. Gym morning and cardio class in the afternoon. What will happen to the muscle that I have under the fat layer? Will it be maintained or will it be lost?? I have always exercised but my diet has been not been the best. I would like to reboot my metabolism and feel I could have a fatty liver etc but not sure if i’d be eating enough to maintain it?

• posted by AnnieW
    on

if you keep your carbs low your body will burn them but will also turn to the fat you are hoarding. Your muscles shouldn’t be used by your body until your fat reserves, of which most people have a large store of. It can be difficult to know when you are fat burning – fat adapted – but once you are you have a plentiful supply of fuel. Your body switches quite happily between carb burning and fat burning once it gets the idea. Of course the best thing you can do is eat healthily as per this way of eating low carb medium protein, high fat.

Please log in or register to post a reply.