Inflammation

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lustijusti
    on

Hi there, I’ve been on and off the BSD since April, and have just touched the top of my ‘normal’ pre-menopausal weight range for the first time in many years. I was never diabetic. I am asthmatic, get chronic sinusitis and seasonal rhinitis, dermatitis and have had high cholesterol for years. Looks like an inflammatory body hey? I’m fiddling around with fine tuning my diet now to see what effect it has on my dermatitis more than anything, as it’s so visible when it pops up out of perfect skin. I’ve got it largely under control, then i have a bad weekend with a few carbs sneaking into the diet, and wham, I get a new lesion on my face. Does anyone else notice this kind of thing? I don’t know if it’s just random coincidence or not so I’m going to try a bit harder to not let anything sneak in for a few weeks. I just find it hard as I forget, and have a small piece of cake or a piece of toast, and then have a Doh! moment.

And BTW, is it also coincidence that I’ve just had my first cold/flu-free winter in adult living memory? It’s spring here so the worst is not over, but for the first time ever I’m hoping that this is the year that I don’t get a cough that goes on till Christmas.

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

Hi Lusti,

Congratulations on your weight loss success!

I have certainly noticed my facial skin is much happier and clearer that it was. And that my skin generally is less dry (more dietary fat?).

I must start trying to notice on the odd occasion now that it gets grotty, whether I have eaten something higher carb. Thanks for reminding me to do this.

Wish I could relate on the cold/flu front, but I still caught the dreaded lurgy!

Three sinus surgeries have helped a lot with my sinusitis, and I am currently hooking into the claratyne daily to ward off the seasonal rhinitis. Working so far 😃

Good luck with Spring!

Please log in or register to post a reply.