I’m fish and chickened out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Any ideas for tonight’s banquet?
    Im fully fish and chickened out!!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Ooh, fun! I love a dinner challenge. Let’s start with what you’ve got in the house. What’s in your fridge, first and foremost, and what staples do you have in the pantry?

• posted by On a mission
    on

I’m pretty well stocked up. We have lamb, mince, sausage, chicken, fish and prawns in the freezer.
    Feta, salad, veg in the fridge
    Loads of herbs etc

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I really love the sound of the carbonara in the recipe book, but then I love bacon🤣. Courgettie with pesto is lovely and I really enjoyed the lamb mince on aubergine, although I would spice up my aubergine a bit more before sticking it in the oven. My favourite lunch is bell pepper grilled and then jewelled feta in side. Failing that I would have steak with a couple of Parmesan crisps. Yum 😋

• posted by On a mission
    on

Wow, that sounds amazing. I like the sound of the feta and pepper dish the most. I might have that. I might do the lamb mince and aubergine next week as that sounds fab too. My daughter has suggested ‘brinner’ Which is basically a full English for dinner. Well that’s the rest of the family sorted.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Loving the brinner idea🤣. I am so looking forward to my full English tomorrow and not having to worry too much about the calories as it is a two meal day. I will substitute the black pudding with an extra egg.

The pepper is amazing. I goggled the recipe as it is not in the book. It has fresh mint, coriander, cucumber, pomegranate, feta, pastachios, cherry toms and lemon juice. So lovely and if you time it right the pepper is still warm when you eat it so makes the the feta taste creamier. Hope you enjoy. Birdy💞

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

were having shakshuka- baked peppers and tomatoes with spices. then cook the eggs in the sauce. here https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/shakshouka_74716 I used less oil and feta and missed out yoghurt to bring down the calories. Family had it with crusty bread and since my body is now a temple, I had spinach. I wish my fridge was as well stocked as yours.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow skipping I just looked at that recipe and it looks and sounds fab. The only problem is I would have to adapt it to one person as my boys would not eat it. Oops feeling peckish now with all this food talk🤣. Time to take the dogs for a walk I think🤣🤣

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’d go with a prawn salad with a dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, fresh parsley and/or oregano and minced garlic.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys just wanted to ask if it was bad to have a full English again today? I know variety is the spice of life but need to go shopping and some more ingredients for different dishes. I do love my fry up🤣. I ate quite late last night as I was out so I have consumed nothing apart from my morning coffee and water since 10pm last night. I have walked the dogs and not feeling really hungry but my stomach is gurgling! Any secessions would be gratefully received. I have peppers feta and all the jazz for that, I also have eggs and a little chicken left. Lots of herbs and spices dried and fresh too. Help a girl out please🤣💞

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

pepper/feta/herb omelette?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

That’s sounds good thank you. I have messed my fasting up though as will eat now and then again at 7-8pm so only 6 and half hours between meals! That’s what I get for going out 🤣🤣

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Crumbled feta makes a better scramble than omelette to my taste. It doesn’t really melt so it doesn’t give me that cheesy goo that I love so much in the middle of an omelette. By the same token, it distributes really well in a scramble giving it a great texture. If you have any spinach, sautee it first with a chopped garlic clove, drain out the water, then throw in the beaten eggs and feta and scramble. It’s fast and delicious.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

or scrambled obvs. If you want goo-ey rather than little cheesy salty nuggets dotted through an omelette. I was, with the pepper, kept a bit crunchy, and yes a bit of garlic wld be v good, thinking along Spanish omelette type of thing. But anyway, feta/eggs two ways!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Essie that sounds even more scrumptious! Of to cook that now 💞

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh my gosh Essie I see what you mean! The texture of the eggs and feta are fab together. Never thought of having garlic in eggs before! I also added a small amount of chilli flakes. Yum yum 😋 thank you 💞

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Excellent call, Birdy. Red pepper flakes always give a dish a little boost. I’m glad the feta-spinach scramble worked out for you. It’s one of my favorite simple dinners. So is spinach, garlic and feta just on its own, by the way. Sautee the spinach and garlic, drain it and top with feta for a light dinner or as a side for sausage or roasted chicken. Even ridiculously complicated cooks like me have to have easy options. 😉

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning my meal experts doing over time tonight 10pm to 2am so I have gone for a full englishnthis morning as I know I will get hunger pangs at work. I was wondering if any could give me a quick evening meal low on calls and no carbs please. I have already had egg today. Thank you 💞🦜

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi Birdy, What about some soup in a flask?
    I made a version of the famous ( on here, if not internationally) pea soup. I added 250 g of courgette, 100g fennel( could use celery to bring down carbs a little), bunch of spring onions just the green bits, handfull of fresh parsley, 100g peas, clove of garlic, 150g fresh spinach. A stock cube

I add 40 g of Philadelphia type cream cheese when I blend.

It makes a full blender jug full of very thick soup so you could can thin it down if you prefer. 3 or 4 servings. 10 minutes cooking if you chop small or whiz before you cook.
    For three servings it works out to about 90 cals and 9 g of carbs. Served with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of Parmesan .
    If you swapped the peas for more courgette you’d save a bit on carbs but less protein.
    It was a happy accident of cleaning out the fridge

• posted by Birdy76
    on

That sounds great Tulips thank you, I will give it a go 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I have just had a lovely dinner of chicken and courgetti, I cooked it with a few chilli flakes, sprinkle of salt with a table spoon of creame fraiche and half a tea spoon of Dijon. Yummy all done in one pan! Awesome. Put a fork in me ladies and gents I am done🤣😋 💞🦜 279 calls and just over 5g of carbs 7g of fat 48.4g protein. Hope that is ok🤣

• posted by alliecat
    on

Are you only having 2 meals today, Birdy? If not, 48 g of protein might be a little high. A reasonable amount for a 24 hr
    period is 50-60g within the scope of 800 cals. You know that I’m only looking out for you, and am not here to
    criticize. Keep me posted 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Yes I have had only two meals today. Oops I have messed up then😢😢🙄. I am on a 107 sorry 😐 fiddlesticks! And Doh! I have not paid as much attention to my protein I was keeping an eye on my overall calories and carbs. Soz Allie 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ok so let me get this right in my head, I should be 20-30g carbsnot T2) 50-60g of protein, 800 cals and how much fat? Sorry I gave my book away need to go read again 😢💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are doing beautifully, Birdy. You have absorbed so very much in only 1 week! I’m very proud of you. 🙂 The
    problem with too much protein is that it gets stored, in excess, as fat, just the way carbs do. The mantra is low carb,
    moderate protein, and high healthy fat. You’ve got this girl, so don’t worry! We’ve got you 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Allie you are truly my one and only Obi Wan Kanobi and we all adore you 💕💕💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.