I'm confident THIS is the way to go – for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dipgal
    on

I’ve been posting over the last couple of days in the BSD800 area.. I think this is where I should be instead. At this point, I don’t see myself being able to do 800c every single day. I am trying for 3 – 4 times a week, and LC Med all days. I’m on my third day.. yesterday was a low calorie day – and it was just fine. Maybe in future weeks I can give extended 800c days a go once I feel a bit better with hunger levels.

I tried the original 5:2 when it was new a few years ago. The 500c days made me miserable. I couldn’t get myself to “enjoy” the fasting days like others said they could. Like the MANY other diets I’ve tried, I considered myself a failure. The increase to 800 calories makes it so much more doable for someone like me.. and shouldn’t be a problem as far as rate of weight loss goes – at least for me, because I have LOTS to lose!

Now – all the options with combining the programs and mixing it up, so as not to feel totally deprived, is a brilliant idea! I feel there’s hope! And, I do desperately need to drop a significant amount of weight. I don’t really have blood sugar issues YET, but I certainly have all the other nasties that come with being 100+ overweight at the age of 61.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Post anywhere and everywhere you like, but this is probably the right place for where you are now 😀 I started in a very similar fashion, first with the traditional 5:2, then BSD style with 800 calories (1600 on non fast days), then 4:3, with the three 800 fast days non consecutive. Finally a month at 2:5 with only the weekends at 1600 before going for a full 8 weeks at 800 (my only round) that took me almost to target. Since then I have maintained, throwing in fast days when needed. If you have any questions or just need a cheerleader who knows what it is like, just call.

Please log in or register to post a reply.