I'm an 8 week Graduate!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I made it! Still a long way to go, but here is what 8 weeks have done for me physically…

starting weight – 12st 12, end weight- 11st 7.5 (down 18.5lb’s)
    starting Body fat- 49.2% end body fat- 42.5
    Starting BMI- 35.1 end BMI- 31.4
    starting FBS- 5.1 end FBS 4.3
    Starting resting pulse rate 71, end resting pulse rate 61
    starting waist- 37″ end waist- 33″
    starting bust- 43.5″ end bust- 40″
    starting hips- 47.5″ end hips- 43.5″

And here is what it’s done for me otherwise…

I’m confident I can lose more and get to a healthier place.
    I don’t need those carby things I used to miss.
    I *feel* better.
    I’m truly excited by food again where previously I think I was caught up in feeling guilty about most of what I ate.
    I have more energy for me and the kids. (most days)

So any newbies out there wondering if you can do it, you CAN. I’m genuinely surprised at how easy this is to stick to, and my losses are smaller than most but still epic to me. It has passed so quickly I still feel like a newbie!

So if you’re thinking about starting… stop thinking and get doing. Plan your next few days meals and get along to the shop for what you need. get started as soon as possible, take a few walks, ditch the carbs, drink the fluids, eat the lovely food, feel well, never look back.

If I can, YOU CAN.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Izzy congratulations on your graduation. I saw your numbers; Go GirlGo. Three cheers. What’s your next plan?

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Wahooo congratulations Izzy!! Great and so encouraging stats 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh yes, fantastic, Izzy and CONGRATULATIONS!

Do you realise how inspirational your posts (and those of many others) are – not just to the people who respond on these threads, but to everyone reading them and passing them on?

Thank you for posting, even when things got tough for you. It so helps. 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s brilliant Izzy, well done
    – and you still have the excitement of the new food processor to play with! – has it arrived yet?

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    CONGRATULATIONS! (Imagine sound of a bottle of bubbly popping)
    Let’s all celebrate with bubbly water and lemon/lime slices.
    I really enjoy reading your posts.

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Hi Izzy,

very well done!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks for all the kind words and bubbly water lol.

My plans are to continue 800 but allow a few more calories once or twice a week.

My new blender is yet to arrive! (Excited lol)

As for inspiring by posting I’m glad. I keep my diary and post a lot as a way to keep myself accountable and in check, but if I can help a few other people believe that they can do this too, then that’s great. It’s a passing along thing as I’ve taken a lot of support and inspiration from other posters too.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

CONGRATULATIONS 😃💐

Another graduation ceremony!

Great results Izzy 😃 Look forward to seeing you graduate into the 16-week club!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou 🙂 I’m halfway there lol, hope the second 8 weeks pass as quickly as the first 8 did!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Fantastic good news Izzy!! Huge congratulations from California! Isn’t it the weirdest good feeling to arrive at 8 weeks and look back at how much your mindset and your physical self have changed? I will meet you in the 16 week club in short order ( I still have a few weeks to get there myself). 🎉🎉🎉

• posted by Imogen
    on

Brilliant news Izzy!!! 🙋

Fantastic results…Congratulations!!!😄

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on your bandwagon…I graduated today also…so joining you in the past eight weeks gang welcome party🎶🎵🎶

Looking forward to the next 8 weeks

Imogen🌻

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks Cali-girl and Imogen!

I vote we continue the ‘bubbly’ party all week 🙂

(Imogen you are very welcome on my wagon lol)

YAY for BSD.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Yay indeed! 🙋 Thanks Izzy,

Happy to keep you and Cali-girl company and party, though am a little waterlogged on all that fizzy water…😇

• posted by JCH187
    on

Fabulous, well done you 🙂

I’m in my fourth week and have lost a stone. Treated myself to a spiralizer today!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

JCH well done on losing that stone! you’ll be an 8 week graduate before you know it!

Have fun spiralizing the contents of your fridge!

Please log in or register to post a reply.