I would like to see the recipes from the books on the website.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shazwol
    on

Hi, it might seem a bit “needy” but it would be great if the recipes from the book/8wd could be loaded onto the website, so they could be printed out when cooking or transferred to a personal menu plan for ease of shopping list creation. Thanks.

• posted by daisykate
    on

Take a photo of the page and keep in a folder on the computer, just a suggestion, I have not tried it myself.

• posted by daisykate
    on

Oh and print them out as required (forgot that bit) lol

• posted by Shazwol
    on

I guess I was a bit “cagey” in my post. I have actually photocopied them already, what I do like to do from online recipes, is copy & paste into Word (Plagerism much?) and then can play around with them and transfer the list to Excel to generate shopping lists. 🙂

• posted by EmmBee
    on

G’day,
    I noticed that you ‘transfer the list to Excel to generate shopping lists’ – is this something that you built yourself or a download? I’m keen to use a database in excel and create a weekly meal plan which will in turn generate a shopping list. I didn’t want to go through the learning process if it has already been done and available.
    Thanks

• posted by Angela06
    on

It would be useful to have the recipes available, Emmbee, but and I know a lot of chefs do but surely people wouldn’t buy the books if the recipes were freely available… I know I wouldn’t have. I would think MM and Mrs MM would expect some financial reward for their efforts…

• posted by EmmBee
    on

G’day,

Good point, though I didn’t plan on including instructions – I thought more a meal planner with the recipe names, page numbers, ingredients, cal counter and shopping list generator.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Emmbee. My husband has done something like this.
    He has done an spreadsheet with the page number, cal. and carbs, and ingredients. He has also printed a meal planner. Very basic but it works for us. We right down on the meal planner what we are going to have in pencil and then we look at the ingredients to make a shopping list. Depending on ‘use by dates’ on the food we buy we then just rearrange the meal planner.
    Its so useful to use.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Correction: He has made a spreadsheet. We write down on the meal planner…….
    Sorry for the bad grammar.:-/

• posted by EmmBee
    on

G’day, thanks for that. If you are willing to share the spreadsheet it would help me with what I am building which I would then happily send you a copy of.
    Thanks

• posted by Shazwol
    on

There is a free app called Shopping List Generator which you can load your own recipes and meal planner on. You can keep it private for yourself, share with friends or public. I haven’t quite been able to get it working for me yet, but I also don’t have a very high patience threshold. 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I have a question about apps. I don’t have a mobile phone let alone a super smart one. Can these apps be downloaded onto my computer instead. I know you are all laughing at me, my daughter does.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Sorry EmmBee. It is something my husband has done on his computer. Also you cannot attach anything on here.
    It is very basic, just in boxes and typed the ingredients, calorie count and page in each box. Thats all. I would imagine an app would be what you are looking for.

Please log in or register to post a reply.