I went wrong !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

Been on the 800 cal since Tuesday, 3rd Jan. Making meals from menu planner in book. Been sooo strict. BUT Just went wrong ๐Ÿ˜“ Didn’t prepare for lunch at work. Got hectic and hungry at same time = trip to shop. Result – 1 pack sweet chili & lime roast chicken, a few baby peppers stuffed with olives, a couple tablespoons greek yogurt, 4 rasperries and 2 brasil nuts. All on diet but not all at once. Feel like I’ve failed and probably won’t lose weight round my tummy when I weigh/measure on Tuesday. Sorry to vent x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

That is not failing, it is making a mistake, we all mess up at times. One person questioned the calories in her meal which she had thoroughly enjoyed. Turned out she had eaten the meal for 2 people.

First thing to do is forget about it and start again at your next meal. Don’t wait until tomorrow and deffo dont wait until Monday. All I can see is you probably had too many calories, the important thing is the carbs and you have done very well there with your choices.

Keep on keeping on….

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Hi Fifi and Flo
    Don’t beat yourself up – its one meal and if the rest of the week has been ok it won’t have a noticeable effect. What is positive is that you went to the shop and came out with that NOT crisps, sandwiches, cakes etc. So well done for that and for making the start on the 8 Weeks.

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

Ah thank you so much for your replies. I did try to buy what I thought were Mediterranean style low carb foods but didn’t mean to eat the lot! But thank you for your support. Am sticking to the evening meal I’d planned so won’t be heading down the chocolate route ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Fifi and Flo – Tumtump is right, this was not a fail and we all have little blips, ‘cos we’re only human. You made good choices and kept control of the carbs and I think if you calculate it, the cals probably weren’t a complete disaster either. We are in this for the long haul, so some days you’ll go over the cals and some under – overall it will balance out. I am sure when you weigh and measure at the end of your first week, you will be pleasantly surprised. Please make sure you let us know your results.

Stop beating yourself up, ‘cos it is counterproductive and makes it more likely you’ll become despondent and era again. Just refocus and get back on track straight away.

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

Thank you all. I feel lifted and positive again. Hope I can support you too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘. We’re just off to a Pantomime so will have to run the gauntlet of icecreams and maltesers! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Wish me luck x

Please log in or register to post a reply.