I have opened the door and i am coming in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lellieteapot
    on

Thought it was high time I came in and said Hi to everybody,
    I am halfway through week 4, I have my head held high and and my stomach held in…….. and breath. Start weight 88 kg now 85 kg, I have lost 2.5 ins from chest/waist and 2 ins from hips. The first two weeks went very well, I was bouncing about like a ping-pong ball. Last week however was a real struggled feeling tired, having no energy and a constant light headedness made me wonder if I would be able to continue. I decided to up my calorie intake to a 1000 a day over the weekend and that seemed to work. I am now feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed again. Bring it on. I shall return.
    Lellieteapot.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Yes, I recognise your experience. Changing from sugar to fat can leave one feeling a bit jaded at first until the protein/fat/carbs/fibre etc balance is right and with plenty of fluid and lots of good sleep. It works though, so the concern may not be about calories but more of food group combinations and quantities. Keep posting and good luck. The search box will find others with similar issues/interests.

• posted by Lellieteapot
    on

Thanks for your input SkyWalker,
    I think you are quite right, I have been so busy looking at the calorific value of the foods I have been eating that I have failed to balance them out, I will follow the weekly menu plans in the book from now on until I feel more confident with my choices. I have had no problems with the fluid intake and sleep side of things and have cut my two a day banana habit to one a week. Keep posting I will.
    Lellieteapot

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I never used the recipes I just ate sensible food i.e. meat and 4 veg or porridge and fruit and lots of poached eggs and tomatoes. Cutting out cereals was my biggest change along with bread and liquorice, not to mention the Odd Guinness or Murphy’s. My biggest reward lately have been walnuts, cashews and raisins but not too many. Cheerio for now

Please log in or register to post a reply.