I can't decide whether it's prediabetes or not!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Prediabetic
    on

I’m 20 years old male with 64kg, 173 cm tall.

My HbA1c test result for this month (first time) was 5.3%. Random Blood sugar level and 2hr OGTT test always ranges from 100 to 120 mg/dl.

5 hours or more after eating meals, blood sugar level drops to 90 mg/dl which indicates perfectly normal conditions but but

But my fasting blood glucose is always over 100 mg/dl like 105 or 106. I don’t have any symptoms of diabetes. I just tried my grandma’s glucometer for once and now things got me stressed. 😭 Am I prediabetic? Pls share with me.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, you say you were messing around with your grandmas glucometer. If you look at a chart then 100 mg/dl is perfectly normal for fasting and even 140 mg/dl is within normal for a none fasting level. 5 hours after eating your level of 90 mg/dl is perfectly normal. Was it a proper HbA1c test done by a medical professional and why did you have it done, it is not a routine test for someone your age without symptoms. For the HbA1c result, 5.3 is not pre-diabetic. It is normal. Sounds like you have got yourself into a state and if you are really worried you should speak to your doctor but I would be interested to know why you are testing yourself. Sometimes a little knowledge can be a bad thing, ask my husband about him constantly testing his blood pressure and every time I was higher, then higher, he was causing the problem.

• posted by Prediabetic
    on

Hi Lemme thank you first for making me relaxed. I got my HbA1c tested at local best laboratory. It was done because the doctor advised me to do so. Since my FBG is over 100 mg/dl every morning, I decided to go see a doctor to check my condition and may be that’s why he recommended me to perform an HbA1c test. After observing results, doctor told me I’m fine and not even prediabetic but I can’t just rest assured because everyone on internet keeps telling me having a FBG of over 100 mg/dl means prediabetes.

Plus, I feel like I’m getting worse. For example, this evening, the glucometer shows 141 mg/dl, two hours after eating a big plate of rice noodles. I know it’s super rich in carbs but I wonder if it’s a bad reading for an average people. If it’s, what should I do?

The ingredients are as follows:

-150 grams of chopped chicken
    -200 grams of white rice noodle
    -Chopped Garlic
    -2 tomatoes
    -2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
    -2 tablespoon of soy bean paste
    -1 tablespoon of chili powder
    -4 tablespoon of mashed peanut
    -3 tablespoon of cooking oil
    -1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
    -Fish Sauce
    -Salt

Again, thank you very much.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

My advice to you is to stop doing blood tests. 100 mg/dl is not only normal it is on the lower side of normal so not even anywhere near prediabetes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.