I Am Better Than That.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by K4r3n59
    on

I was successful loosing weight on the blood sugar diet and kept it off for over a year. Slowly the weight krept on and nothing that I tried helpt my back on the diet. That was until I found my new mantra: “I Am Better Than That”
    “I am better than that” is my go to mantra when I feel myself wanting high carb food. (or even anything that is not good for me)It works every time. I know it won’t work for everyone but give it a try.
    Wishing everyone love and success xXx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thank you for your input K4r3n59. Glad it is working for you. I am doing this for my health so my mantra is to stay as healthy as I can and I know how to do it with low carb.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good mantra K! Glad its inspiring you.
    Like you,i was very successful on this WOE,but weight has slowwwwwwwly climbed back up over the last seven years,and ive lost pounds here or there,but ive never managed to recapture that frame of mind of going cold turkey and just sticking it out until it became second nature,hardly needed to think about what i was going to eat.
    I’ll give your mantra a go and see if it helps me 👍👍x

• posted by K4r3n59
    on

Three weeks in and I have lost 9lbs back on track at last.
    I was going to to go shopping today for the my carb free meals for the next few days. Then I thought I would check to see what I had in. This is what I had, and I made a curry.
    1 whole cauliflower 160 cals 31g carbs
    In freezer 1 packet of stir-fry veg 140 cal 12g carbs
    Can of baked beans 340 carbs but less cos I drained them of most of the sauce. 29 carbs
    Can chicken korma 650 cals 14g carbs
    2.5 teaspoons various curry powders, medium, tikka, and garam masala. 20 cals minimal carbs. Water 0 c and cs.
    Total 1,310g cals, 86g carbs.
    At least 5 good portions.
    262g cals 17g carbs. Served on a large plate of sauteed lettuce. Yummy. Hope you like. Hope this has inspired you. Love and kind thoughts to you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

K4r3n, good mantra … one I shall try, it could be very helpful when we are on our upcoming trip away. My tactic is pausing to ask myself if I’m actually hungry and if I really need to eat, rather than just ploughing on and eating mindlessly. Can’t claim it always works, but it definitely helps.

Well done on making use of the produce you had ‘in stock’, rather than shopping. It’s a good exercise and one I try to undertake occasionally.

Hope things continue to go well for you. Feel free to join us on other threads too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.