How's your skin?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m now at the end of my first 8 weeks and over the last week or so I have felt that my skin is looking ‘better’ . Brighter, less wrinkly, fresher. Thought maybe it’s my imagination but was reading Liz Earle’s ‘6 weeks to better skin’ in the Daily Mail and she’s talking about ‘good fats’ olive oil, avocado, fullfat milk!!!

Maybe it’s not my imagination!

How’s your skin been on this eating plan?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO! ! Thats lovely- you’re looking in the mirror and seeing yrself fresher and younger looking! πŸ‘πŸ»
    Isn’t it nice when we have little non scale victories!
    Last week someone said to me,havent you got lovely skin!
    And today somebody said,your make up looks really nice

I guess it must be all the good fats…and all the water we’re drinking!
    My fingernails have become very strong and shiny too,except both thumbnails which are ridged 😼😼😼 xx

• posted by Avila
    on

I don’t pay a lot of attention to my skin to be honest, but had several comments about my hair (despite doing nothing different to it). Same principle?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My skin is definitely better and I am sure it is because of the BSD. Previously the skin on my feet had a tendency to be dried, but is in much better condition now.

• posted by Antigone
    on

A few years ago 2001 I did Rosemary Connely’s low fat diet – I lost weight but my skin was very dry. That is another reason why this regime appeals to me. I’m sure your skin is radiant Verano πŸ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Wel maybe my skin really is improving!!!

Yowzer I have exactly the same as you finger nails great but thumbs iffy!!!! Who knows why. And you know it is great to have some ‘non scale’ successes!!!! Wonderful that other people are noticing how good you are looking.

You know SuunyB my feet are also less dry.

This plan obviously has far more benefits than than originally thought !!

• posted by Frog
    on

Mine is OK now – it was pretty good pre BSD, but it went through a couple of months of being not awful, but not great, resolved by a couple of facials. It’s OKish now – one or two spots and bumps, but I think that’s the hot weather more than anything – getting sweaty, sun cream, etc.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog

You could be right about the sun cream. I tend to use only a small amount on my face, Piz Buin, which isn’t greasy, but I try my best no to have my face in the sun. Nearly always wear a sun visor. It’s probably a bit late in the day for me to start worrying about sun damage but I’m trying!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.