How to deal with the portions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by spring79
    on

Hi,
    I am trying to make a plan for all week.

However, I am wondering why most of the recipes in the book are intended to serve 2/4 persons.

As I am the only one on a diet and I am cooking only for me, I got confused.

I could I know what is the quantity right for me? It is so complicated 🙁

Thanks for the help

• posted by ShellBrum
    on

Hi Spring79

I guess it was expected that people may diet in couples or with family hence the portion sizes.

I am doing this on my own and what I am doing is either :

1. For hot meals, finding freezable recipes e.g. Aubergine Lasagne, making the whole thing and assembling in 4 individual tin foil trays for cooking, freezing, then reheating at a later date, or putting one uncooked in the fridge for a meal later in the week.
    2. For cold meals (salads), just halving or quartering the quantity for that recipe and have the same meal in a couple of days to save on buying too many ingredients
    3. I plan my meals weekly and try to make sure that for that week there are many of the same ingredients in the meal so I can use it in a few recipes. Then the next week, choose different recipes so it doesn’t get too ‘samey’

Hope that helps?

• posted by spring79
    on

Thank you very much for your help.

Good tip for the salads.

• posted by spring79
    on

I found this online maybe it will be helpful

The Essential Blood Sugar Diet Meals For One: A Quick Start Guide To Cooking On The Blood Sugar Diet. Over 80 Easy And Delicious Calorie Counted … Lose Weight And Rebalance Your Blood Sugar

Please log in or register to post a reply.