How many rounds can you do in a row?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chrissy
    on

Hey there, I’m another newbie with around 45kg to lose. I tried to source the answer to my question and I can’t find it anywhere… can I do consecutive rounds of 8 weeks on this program?

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Like you, I started with about 45kg to lose. The wholly unscientific reason was I liked the idea of losing 100lb. Aiming to hit that by my birthday in June.

I’m now half way through my third 8-week cycle and have lost just over 31kg. The only thing I have done is made sure I eat a variety of foods, whilst keeping under 1000 cals and 50g of carb with averages around 900 and 40 respectively, to make sure I have a healthy mix of vitamins and minerals.

Some people take a gap between cycles and move to the 5:2 regime or similar, I never bothered.

Good luck – it’s best just to go with how you feel as 800 cals isn’t much and it does get a bit wearing at times.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I am on my 6th month of 800 BSD although I have had the odd break on holidays or when I have had visitors but even though my calories allowance has been a little higher I have never come off the low carbs plan. Not a slice or bread or a potato have passed my lips. Still got 2 stone to lose so will continue but my main goal is to be diabetic drug free so I will stick with it until that day.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi

I started the BSD on 19th December last year and continued on the 800 calories with very low carb until I reached my goal weight on 10th September.

Since then I have eased up slightly on calories while keeping low carb and have lost another stone. In total now I have lost 7st 1lb and my blood sugars are now in the normal range from being diabetic (no medication).

After starting the BSD I just kept going – no breaks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.