how many are to many

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by theadsi
    on

hi there just started the diet. I’ve read the book got the recipe book.
    I’ve spent some time looking at recipes on health trackers and websites. but my question is how do I know how many carbs are to many?

• posted by theadsi
    on

update read about fat secrets app so starting to use theres away to set daily percentage on there carb fat protein I’ve set these to carb 20% other 2 40% each is there a better set up???

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Theadsi, I ser mine using a formula written in these forums by LindA, if you search
    in the top right hand corner you’ll find it. Briefly though, carbs & proteins have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9. Many people try to stay under 50g carbs, some even lower. 50×4 is 200cal so 25%. The protein level should be around 1-1.5g per kilo of ideal body weight so just say you are aiming for 70kg and not terribly active that would be 280 calls from protein (70g/35%). The other 320cals from fats, roughly 35g\40%. In the book though they give the figures 45g protein for women and 55g for men so take your pic 🙂

You can fiddle around with that according to your weight and activity but it’s only a guide, the proportions you’ve put in will work fine I’m sure. Best of luck to you, I’ll be interested to see your progress.

Mariet

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, as long as you are not eating any bad carbs and sticking with the 800 calories you are probably going to be okay on your carbs. If you are doing around 50 / 60g per day then that is a good starting point, some people drop down to 20g per day but for me it makes it too complicated in getting the calories and carbs ratio right. Now you have found a resource you can do your calculations and adjust to suit yourself, remember these machines are about 10 to 15% out so dont take them as gospel.

Please log in or register to post a reply.