How long until you see a change

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AnnieC
    on

Hi is there anyone who’s had type 2 for 8 yrs plus. My husband has and we’ve been on the diet for nearly 2 weeks. His sugars have been under 10 – in the 9s actually since starting & he’s stopped taking his metformin after suffering terrible stomach pains – they’ve not been under 10 even on the meds. Weight loss is amazing over 7lbs in 1st week. I suppose the question is how long will it be before his sugars start to show some steady reduction. Feeling like he needs a boost to carry on! Thanks

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Annie
    Wow! 7lbs in the first week is amazing, well done hubby!
    I have just finished reading the bsd book so it’s quite fresh in my mind and the research done suggests that the longer a person has had type 2, the longer it takes to get the big results. That’s not to say they won’t come, just that it might take a bit longer.
    7lbs is a fantastic start, just keep going and I’m sure you will soon see real health benefits.

• posted by AnnieC
    on

Hubby here, thank you for the encouragement….in all honesty not felt this sharp for many years…just could do with hitting a magic 8……then a fantastic 7 to know it’s moving in the right direction.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Hubby, that’s an interesting side effect! Just keep doing what you are doing and more will come. Best wishes to both of you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.