Hit the buffers today.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MrGlenn
    on

5 weeks in, good consistent low readings ( 5.5 and lower).
    This morning, row with my wife, printer packed up, reading 6.7, only lost 1Kg this week, totally fed up.
    Sorry, I feel very lonely at the moment.

• posted by Verano
    on

Don’t be sad. BG readings are arbitrary with only an HbA1c being a really accurate measure and 6.7 isn’t that high anyway. After 5 weeks 1kg is fine that’s about average. Just keep going and this ‘blip’ will fall into perspective in the coming weeks.

• posted by MrGlenn
    on

Cheers, thanks for the kind words. Tomorrow is another day.

• posted by Macloud
    on

Sorry to hear you are feeling down, MrG. Troubles never come singly, do they ? I endorse the comments of Verano, that HbA1C is a more accurate longer term blood sugar indication. I find that weight loss is very varied, week by week, and I force myself to look at the wider picture. Stick at it, irrespective of setbacks, and success will be yours !

Macloud

• posted by MrGlenn
    on

Thank you for your support, it is going well and I’m hoping to be off Metformin by the 8/9 week point, its just that today it all got to me.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi MrGlenn,

Similar thing happened to me on Friday last week. My fasting BG reading Friday morning was 4.8 (didn’t have a row with my husband – although they have been known!). By lunchtime my pre-lunch reading was 7.0. (I’d also been getting readings in the 5’s). Next 6.8 etc. No idea what caused it – maybe as I hadn’t eaten (it was quarter to 2), drunk enough – 1 cup of tea at 7am – was feeling hot and bothered – who knows.

Like you, by then I was pretty fed-up. So, Friday night had a takeaway (didn’t need to, husband and son were both out so could have chosen to eat from my own well-stocked fridge), didn’t choose my usual dish (tried to choose wisely, mixed tandoori, but didn’t really know what was in it, and then asked for two lots of sauce – did I really just say I tried to choose wisely?). Ended up with BG’s going up to 8.6 on Saturday before they started to come down again. Friday morning was out of the blue, but Friday evening was totally down to me.

Don’t be fed up. You’re right. You are getting consistent good low readings. After 10 weeks mine are still sometimes in 6’s.
    You have lost 2lbs this week which is good. I’ve lost a few pound recently but I had 3 weeks where I stayed the same. I didn’t post those weeks. I sometimes think our ideas about on-going weight loss here are skewed because we tend to report more when its happening than when its not.

Keep posting – I think it helps when you’re feeling on your own.

You’re doing alright!
    Marie x

n.b. You have my complete sympathy about the printer – I spent a couple of hours trying to fix ours the other week – glad I didn’t take a reading then!

• posted by MrGlenn
    on

Wow, thanks for taking the time to reply to me, thats amazing. I know I’ll probably be back on track tomorrow, we all know how sitting there feeling hungry and your little world crumbling around you feels.

Please log in or register to post a reply.