HIGH SUGAR READING

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shafi
    on

Hi
    i have been on the 800 diet for 4 weeks now..I’ve lost 9 Kgs weight..my sugar reading has come down..but
    I’m having a bit of a concern,normally I check my blood level before I go to sleep,the sugar reading is between 6-7 (oldscale).
    When I wake up the reading goes up to 10.0,my doctor has said that this could be “false reading” because of
    the liver releasing sugar..can someone advise me what I can do..thank you

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi

Sounds like the ‘Dawn Phenomenon. Used to happen to me too. But after being on the BSD even my fasting bloods have come down (from 10.9) into the normal range (usually under 5).

Keep at it, keep low carbs and low calories, and you should find your sugar levels coming down.

• posted by Shafi
    on

Thank you. . Did it take a while?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Just checking back for fasting levels.

I’ve finished 21 weeks on the BSD and will stay on it until I reach my goal weight. Lost 57 pounds so far, approximately another 28 to go.

Fasting bloods first went below 6 after 2 weeks. Then stayed between 5 and 6 until I’d finished week 13, when it dropped to between 4 and 5, and now normally stays between 4 and 5.

HbA1c in December, just before I started on BSD was 9.6

Due to confusion by the diabetes nurse, it was repeated in January – a few weeks into the BSD and was then 8.7.

Just had it done again in April so was completely within the BSD. That result was 5.5.

So my fasting readings and HbA1c are within the normal range😃

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    a few of us have experienced this in weeks 4 to 5
    It was explained as stored sugar being flushed from the organs overnight, a sort of exaggerated dawn phenomonen.
    It does seem to settle down again after 2 to 3 weeks.
    TBH if your other readings through the day are ok, I wouldn’t worry too much about the FBS reading

Please log in or register to post a reply.