high readings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marxistfood
    on

week 4 tomorrow fairly certain im doing 800 cals (my wife cooks and supervisors and has joined me in support) early on got some 6.- 6.5 readings. now they are 9.- 9.5 I do at least 10,000 steps have lost almost 2 inch from my waist and have lost 1st 4llbs did have a week with a sore neck and on pain killers neck buts that’s gone now
    . a typical menu is
    Breakfast strawberries (6 ish blueberries 12 ish) a large dessert spoonful of quark
    lunch 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and green salad
    ;dinner homemade chicken curry with 8 0z chicken a portion of the konjak rice (30 cals no carb)
    occasional 9pm 1 low dough base 39 cals 2.1 carb with lettuce and onion
    water water water !!
    tea x 4 with drop of skimmed milk
    and if im really hungry I cut up an apple to eat throughout the day
    just wonder if im ever going to get my sugar levels back down
    many thanks (again)

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Marxistfood, I’m not diabetic but I’ve been on these forums for 18months and have seen similar posts from many people. From what i have read previously this is not uncommon. BSL will come down if I you persevere- search high bsl, in particular a thread started by Bill1956 (I might have that name wrong) called This Has To Work For Me, because Bill had exactly the same experience but after a little time the readings came down again. It must be scary to see the higher figures but from what I’ve observed from other diabetic posters, if you keep going the numbers will stabilise again at good levels. Let us know how things go for you.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Marxistfood – really good advice from Mariet. Bill1954’s thread ‘this has to work for me ‘ really helped me when I first started on the BSD in 2016. If you search also for ”dawn phenomenon ‘ you will find info about it on other threads. Mariet is absolutely right – the numbers will settle back down.

Please log in or register to post a reply.