Hi – Started Today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TWSAndy
    on

Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind me posting but I have been reading the board and you all seem like a friendly and supportive group.

My wife and I have started the program today (I refuse to call it a diet, as always find they don’t work!!!)

Although I have been skeptical about the program I am surprised the first day has been, we worked out in total we have gad 597 calories and I know this is under the 800 we don’t feel overly hungry, slight rumblings but nothing major…

I suppose my issue with this will be my colleagues at work, they all think we are idiots for doing this and that it won’t last etc, some say we are making ourselves sick by doing it. This seems to be serving as motivation, I know why I want to do this and so does my wife, we want to be healthy, happy and hopefully start a family. For once in my life I don’t feel alone doing this as my best friend is with me, and I’ll prove everyone wrong!!!

I have a target of 3 stone to lose, this will take me to my lowest weight, I know it will be hard, but be worth it in the end.

Thanks for reading, sorry for waffling on!!!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi TWSAndy

Welcome to you & your wife. Great to have you on the BSD ship. It’s definitely a voyage of discovery. You will find out what is good for you to eat & just how strong you can be mentally in doing it. You took the first step & we are here to help with all the rest
    You are doing this for you, never mind the others, you are the ones that count. I’ve just finished 8 weeks & my husband did it too. The company was good to have & the results even better

Would you both please read & sign our petition. Click on forums & latest topics above. It’s in the Welcome to the BSD forum , Topic – Please sign our Petition. The Link & petition number is there.
    Many thanks
    Eureka

• posted by LeanneW
    on

Hi TWS Andy. Keep going..it works 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi TWSAndy
    You may just surprise yourself at how easy this becomes after just a few days.
    There may be one or two initial side effects such as headaches and light headedness but they vanish within a few days.
    The big secrets are to keep the carbs under 50gr / day, eat full fat products, and drink at least 2 to 3 ltr of non sugary fluids / day
    If you see your calorie count dropping, add exta fat to your daily intake. It’s hard to get your head around at first but it really does help.

Best of luck to you and your wife and keep us informed of your progress.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi TWSAndy (and wife). Welcome to the family.

From reading the posts you’ll see that there are many reasons for doing this. We’re doing it for ourselves, for health etc. But also to prove to others that this works the amount of evident we are collecting is amazing.

I’m just coming to the end of my 16th week, and will be continuing for a while yet. Although I’ve lost just over 3 stone I have about another 3 – 3.5 stone still to lose.

Looking forward to seeing how you and your wife progress.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

TWSAndy and MrsTWSA – I also started yesterday, after a few days practise.

I too cringe at ‘diet’, however a recent blood sugar reading after a recurring virus and associated illnesses gives me the motivation to reverse it asap. I prefer to think of BSD as a scientific experiment as per Michael Mosley’s documentaries, with me as the subject.

My wife is still working and finds it more difficult to not eat carbs as so much food outside of the home is carborific, hence some pre-planning seems essential. I [already] endorse Bill’s “keep the carbs under 50gr / day, eat full fat products, and drink at least 2 to 3 ltr of non sugary fluids / day”.

Good luck.

• posted by sianeyb
    on

Well done for starting. Plan meals ahead and make sure you have yogurt, berries and lots of veg in the fridge. I am trying all sorts of veg and my husband is delighted with the new varieties being brought into his diet now and he isn’t on the BSD ! Good luck and wait for the complements even after 1 week!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to the BSD clan TWSAndy and wife. There is so much variety possible on this eating regime and with a little planning you will find yourself rediscovering food. Getting your head round full fat is a tough one, but an essential part of this way of eating, as it helps you feel full and for longer, as well as helps the body get into fat burning mode. And Bill’s right about the carbs too.

If you need support or advise, shout out, as there will definitely be someone around to respond. And be sure to let us all know how you get on.

• posted by TWSAndy
    on

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the kind words which you all have given. Just to give you a quick update, we have been doing this now for just over a week, started last Monday. Despite a blip over the weekend, which saw me put on weight…. I have no idea how, it seems to be going the right way. I am 2lbs off from a stone weight loss, and beginning to feel really good.

I am finding it hard on some days, very hungry but then it seems to be manageable on others. I dont think Ive done 800 calories been more like 650 – 750 but dont feel like eating, so not done it.

My wife and I went out for a meal with friends on the weekend, and thinking smartly ordered a meal which would have taken me over, but was not full of carbs.. I could not finish it, which is a massive achievement for me, and I didnt want desert after :-). Despite going out still lost 2lbs the following day.

The target of 3 stone weight loss by the end of the 8 weeks is well on course, and long may it continue.

My wife is also doing well, doing this with her has been a godsend, I dont know if either of us would have managed without each other.

Thanks again

Please log in or register to post a reply.