Hi New Here Looking for a few tips.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Andy1987
    on

Hi all new here, haven’t actually started the diet yet, I always get little embarrassed talking about my diet so hiding behind a forum is perfect for me.

I want to start the diet but i wanted to know what I could have at work. My hours are 7.30 am- 4.30pm.

Breakfast i can have at home but My Dinner/Lunch I don’t know what would be suitable.

I am active at work and have access to a fridge and microwave.

Thanks in advanced

Andy

• posted by RubyG
    on

Welcome Andy, and wishing you all the best,

You’ll find a new weekly thread with “starting 15th June” in the title, where there is lots of support and ideas etc.

You don’t mention whether you are doing this purely to lose weight, or if you have other health issues (T2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, high BP, etc.).

Re. your specific question, I guess you’ll be looking for alternatives to sandwiches?
    I am a huge believer in the power of soup – it can be filling, warming, and very low cal if you’re keeping to the 800cals per day. You have access to a microwave, so that’s sorted. Maybe not ideal in summer, but a thought for the cooler months.
    The other option I would consider for cold lunches (you have access to a fridge) would be salad-y type stuff – boiled eggs, some cooked chicken, ham, cheese (watch the calories), cherry tomatoes, spring onions, radishes, olives, gherkins in brine (check for sugar on the label), salad leaves, fermented vegetables like sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.
    I also make ham and egg “muffins” – line a muffin case in a muffin tin with 2 slices of overlapped square cheap ham, drop in a raw egg, sprinkle on some seasoning and bake in the oven at 200°C until the egg is cooked (I make 6 at a time, cook for 15-20 minutes).
    Or “crustless quiches” – grease and line a small pie case with some baking parchment, mix up some raw eggs, add flavourings of your choice (chopped spinach, chopped bacon, ham, cheese, etc.), pour into the lined pastry case and bake until cooked.
    Apologies if the recipes are not detailed enough, I tend to cook by feel/eye.

As long as you plan your daily meals in advance, you should be able to eat 3 decent meals a day on 800cals.
    My advice is to focus on what you can eat and enjoy it, rather than hankering after what you can’t eat.
    Keep the snacks to a minimum, and drink lots of water, black tea, black coffee, etc.

Good luck!

• posted by Andy1987
    on

Brilliant reply thank you so much.

To answer the question, I am purely doing this to try and lose weight.

really like the sound of the Ham and Egg muffins.

I already drink black coffee so that’s great.

Thank you

Please log in or register to post a reply.