Hi all!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lollypop
    on

Hi, I am just starting this diet,after trying slimming world,terrible may i add! Anyway i love all the foods you can eat and the meal planner,but i am really unsure how to put a meal together myself? Dont get me wrong i know how to cook haha,but say if i made home made soup how would i work out the carbs? Ino the calories,but not the gi?,its very confusing please help anyone!
    Thanks
    Debra

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Debra, you get all your ingredients weighed put them into a calculator, there are lots on line, myfatsecret, myfitness pal, sparkpeople etc and it tell you. E.g. 1 carrrot = x calories and x carbs, 1 onion = x calories and x carbs etc until you have the full meal. It will come up with a total. If the soup is for 4 you divide by 4 to get your portion or whatever. If you say do a recipe for 6 and you make it for 2 you only use 1 third of the ingredients, total them then divide by 2. Simple maths once you have the calculator. If you have the book the calories are worked out for you but not the carbs and the recipe book the calories and the carbs are worked out. However, you still need to measure as recipes can be quite a way out and should only be used as a guide. You will get the hang of it. Tip, if you use the same recipe or meal over and over make a note of the calculation then you don’t have to do it every time. I have a folder with menu plans I have typed up over the weeks and I just look at a meal and I know immediately what it worked out at.

Good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.