Here we go again…Introductions!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MummyW
    on

I have done the blood sugar diet before but lately totally fallen off the wagon and I need to sort myself out!
    I don’t have diabetes I did however have high insulin resistance levels and that’s how I came to discover this diet in the first place. My doctor told me I had 6 months to lover my levels or I would have to go on metformin which terrified me into giving it a real go! My levels are now normal/high as in my doctor wanted the to be below 12 and last time I got them checked (3 months ago) they were 12 so I celebrated by going back to eating how I did before. Which wasn’t the best idea I ever had!
    We then found out we were expecting our 2nd child! Which was amazing news only to lose the baby 2 weeks later. No reason behind it I’m going with the age old ‘ít wasn’t meant to be this time’!
    So now I’m back and I want to turn my crappy month into something positive and improve myself before we try again!
    Im very excited! Today is my first day and I have all my meal planners printed and ready to go!
    Looking forward to using the forum for advice and support this time as I never quite got here before! I just used to hover in the background!
    I hope you are all having a lovely Monday!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read you sad news, but Welcome back MummyW and I hope this time around, will be a huge success for you. It would seem a good time to be doing something positive for yourself, which you can own and control. There is a friendly bunch on here, all eager to offer advise, support and encouragement.

My advise is get back to basics, drink plenty to ensure good hydration, be sure to use a portion of your calories on fats, count all you calories and carbs and measure, weigh and record everything – both your progress and what you are consuming.

So, don’t be a stranger, get in on the discussion threads, use the search box in the top right to find relevant threads and become part of the community here.

Best of luck to you.

• posted by Theodora
    on

So sorry to hear your sad news, MummyW.

Well done for your positive attitude and deciding to take control of your weight and your health. SunnyB has given you some excellent advice and all I can do is reiterate everything she has said. Joining the forum and recording your journey will keep you focussed and, trust me, there is nothing that you will experience that someone here hasn’t experienced before you and they will offer the benefit it should you need it. Just shout if you need help or advice, or just simple support.

Just try to focus on how much healthier a mum you will be for child No.1, and as and when you try again for another baby. Good luck in your journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.