Help please :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bee light
    on

Hi I am now at my target weight. and I am worried silly how to go about taking it up from 800 to 1800?? I am not insulin resistant or diabetic. Have read to add 50 cals a day. Never intend to go back to the crazy eating, sugar by drip feed diet I was eating. My family and colleagues cant quite believe, that this hugely fussy, no vegetable eating!! vegetarian, now not only eats veges but sighs with pleasure throughout.
    I have made a list of what I will add per day at 50 cals each, can it really be this simple
    How come if I eat more cals during the 800, I put on, but adding 50 cals a day now I am at goal weight, I do not?
    How is this possible?

The food I intend to add is all gorgeous and nutrition strong
    Any thoughts, ideas, warnings etc other than carb intake
    Thank you so much Bee 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Bee …. the secret is in keeping the carbs low whilst adding calories … 50cal increments as described is a good way to go. That’s not to say you can’t raise your daily carb intake a little, but they do need attention, but certainly no returning to potatoes, pasta, rice and sugary foods of course.

It does feel daunting, making that transition into maintenance, but as long as you take a measured approach, all will be well.

Best of luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.