help please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tee17
    on

Please could someone help me since starting this diet 9 days ago which by the way is fab but my eczema has got worse alot worse I’ve had it under control for months and it had disappeared but the last four days its back in all its normal places I’ve changed nothing else only going on this diet can anyone think of why this would be happening? I thought sugar made eczema worse but not by looking at me now help some please I really don’t want to have to come off the diet as I’m loving the recipes thanks x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I saw it mentioned on another thread as a possible reaction to the full fat dairy, so maybe try alternatives like almond milk/coconut cream/yoghurt for a while and see if that helps.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Yes, it could be due to going full fat dairy. Many years ago my children and to a lesser degree me had the same thing – full fat dairy was the culprit. We did a mix of some low fat and goat products which seemed to work – not a lot of alternatives known about in those days. Try alternatives as suggested above and goat products. You may find slow introduction of full fat dairy will help. Or just keep your main fats to oils, nuts fish? Hope you find a way to continue, or your body settles, as this really is a great way to eat.

• posted by tee17
    on

Thankyou for your replies,do you think it could be the eggs as its really the only thing different I’m eating? I’ve always had soya milk with everything and goats cheese and goats yoghurt and really the only other thing is the creme fraiche and cottage cheese but havent eaten a lot of them only in the actual main meals I have looked at the half fat alternatives but the sugar is double compared to full fat its seems a vicious circle any more suggestions greatly received many thanks x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Tee17 – it could be the eggs or the dairy products. If you are okay with goat products, I’d suggest sticking with this and try to find ways to work around the crème fraiche and cottage cheese. There are some young creamy goat cheeses available, which you might be able utilise. And if you are okay with soya – some eczema suffers aren’t – you could use Alpro products. The carb content of their yogurts is very similar to the full fat dairy yogurts and it might be possible to use one of these instead of crème fraiche, but I haven’t tried this myself.

Please log in or register to post a reply.