Help Please!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kwench
    on

Hi All!
    I started the diet on Saturday 16th and my partner on Monday the 18th, sticking to 800 cals or thereabouts and weighed ourselves today and not a sniff of a lb lost! For me its not the end of the world and I am determined to continue however my poor partner is struggling and really feeling it on this diet. I keep trying to reassure him that it is early days and that his body will adjust but he is not convinced in any way – any suggestions on how we can ease his pain and keep him going please…don’t want him to give up!
    Thank you very much!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Kwench
    Couple of things that might help. Check you are both drinking enough, as good hydration is definitely a key. Also, make sure that there is good portion of fat in your diets, as this helps you feel fuller for longer and also helps kick you body in to fat burning mode. I know it is counter-intuitive, given all the low-fat nonsense we have been fed over the years, but it really does help.
    Only other thing that might help, is checking there isn’t anything you are eating, which is surprisingly high in carbs, as this might be hindering progress.
    It is still early days though and lots of people report slow starts, or initial good result immediately followed by no progress for days/weeks. Most if not all of these, find they will suddenly lose several pounds almost overnight!
    Don’t give up, as this new way of eating really does work and you will both eventually find you feel fitter and more vital than you have in a long time.
    Good luck and hope that you will be posting good results for you both soon.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Kwench
    I agree with SunnyB about the carbs.
    Could you post a couple of days meal plans so we can take a look and maybe offer some advice?

• posted by Kwench
    on

Hi SunnyB,

Thank you so much for posting! We are both pretty good at staying hydrated and I agree I think it is early days and he just needs to get through the tough part. I will double check no hidden carbs anywhere.
    Fingers crossed he will come through the other side shortly and we both start seeing/feeling the benefits!
    Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TeenaB
    on

Hello. I started mine on Monday 18th and only lost a pound by Tuesday but………………when I weighed myself Wednesday morning I had lost a further 4.1/2 lbs. Weighed myself today Thursday, and haven’t budged but hopefully will show tomorrow. So don’t give up!!!!!!

• posted by Kwench
    on

Hi Bill1954,

Sure will do…hopefully we can figure it out!

Just in the middle of working so will post when free a bit later – thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kwench
    on

Hi TeenaB,

Thank you – will definitely post some meal plans later on when more time, bought new scales this morning as also not sure if my digital scales are being a bit off but new scales showing the same oops! Hopefully things will start to show – wont give up! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

Two days is rather soon to decide it’s not working! Some people do see very big and/or rapid results but not everyone does. Hang in there both of you.

• posted by Kwench
    on

Thanks Patsy and yes we are all different and I am doing okay but other half is struggling and any kind of weight loss at this point would be a great motivator but he doesn’t want to give up – just see some reward for the minuscule amounts that he has been eating ha ha! We will get there and I am sure we are only consuming around the 800 mark as logging all food in myfitnesspal so pretty sure! Will give it another 3 days then weigh again on new scales as digital ones were def playing silly you know whats!
    Will give you all an update then….thanks for the help! x

• posted by Patsy
    on

If portion sizes seem far too small, would it help to have a ‘starter’ or side salad of celery sticks, cucumber wedges, baby lettuce leaves etc and possibly a little salsa to dip them in? You could have lots of those at very little exta calories and carbs.

• posted by Kwench
    on

Thanks Patsy, that’s a good idea – thank you – we have courgetti and bolognaise for tonight, I think either a little snack before or after with low cal snack will help! I saw an article regarding what the Queen eats and low and behold she is a low carb eater!!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Kwench, when restricting carbs and calories, in particular sugars, honesty is key. Many spouses diet together while one or other snacks as well. If you significantly reduce your carbs intake your body mass will definitely reduce. Simples!

Please log in or register to post a reply.