Help needed with cooking!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Roxanne
    on

Not the greatest cook in the world, though the recipes are easy to follow, l would like some help with Cauliflower Cheese recipe, despite been in the oven for 40mins the cauliflower was uncooked and the cheese topping curdled, so pretty disappointed as ld managed to convince my partner to try it instead of the usual cheese sauce used. It was a disaster! Appreciate some advice, thanks

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hi Roxanne,
    I tend to par-boil cauliflower before putting into bakes etc but thats just me – not going from a recipe…… also tend to make a cheese sauce stirring the whole time and then cover cauliflower (or whatever) and bake for about 25 mins….. not had it curdle yet….

• posted by Roxanne
    on

Hi thanks for your response, are the ingredients for the ‘sauce’ the same as in the book?

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m not sure – I would need to go back into the book – i generally use cream cheese, milk, a bit of cream and grated cheddar…… I add a touch of coconut flour if i end up making it too runny. Does that help?

• posted by freester
    on

Both the cauliflower cheese and gratin recipes the Cauli needs steaming or boiling a bit longer than recommended. the cauli also needs longer than the brocolli.

I ‘steam’ in the microwave. Put in a microwaveable bowl, cover with cling film prick a few holes. A spoonful of water then nuke full power for 5 mins. Once the stalks are just beginning to tender you can bake.

Please log in or register to post a reply.