Help – I don't like fish!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jules27
    on

I haven’t started the BSD yet as I’m just trying to get organised and deal with my biggest problem – not liking seafood (I don’t mind some prawns or calamari) especially fish.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could substitute for this integral part of the BSD (& healthy eating for life)?

I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you in advance

• posted by Frog
    on

hi Jules
    I would have thought meat a simple switch for the protein – & maybe look at taking fish oil supplements to compensate.
    If you type “vegetarian” in the search box (top right hand corner) it brings up several threads on vegetarian and vegan options that may be worth reading through.

• posted by Jules27
    on

Hi Frog thank you for such a quick reply I really appreciate it!
    I’m such an idiot I forgot that I already take fish oil capsules everyday as it is very successful at keep my ezcema at bay. I wasn’t sure about adding more meat to my diet as I have come to understand that too much meat, especially red meat, isn’t good for you. I currently have meat in various forms and variety around 3 or 4 times a week.

Thanks also for the search tip. I will definitely try that. My daughter decided to become vegetarian around 8 months ago so we have been having quite a lot of vegetarian meals, while being mindful of the protein needs of vegetarians.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your feedback.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jules
    I went in a Japanese supermarket and bought something weird called natto – it’s fermented soy beans, and high protein .
    I found out later that it’s higher in carbs than I’d anticipated (14g per 100g).
    I’m liking it less the more I google it, but I will give it a try!

Please log in or register to post a reply.