Help blood sugar still high going into last week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

Hi Andy is going into week eight he lost around stone and a half which is excellent my only concern is his blood sugars are still around 8/9 most times morning/midday/night does anybody no why ??. I must admit he has only been doing small amount of exercise should he carry on with the 800 cal and start to exercise more is the fat taking longer to disperse any help would be great, he is concerned about loosing more weight so should I up his food intake please advice asap thanks Wendy

• posted by Souperwoman
    on

Hi Wendy, you posted over week ago so things may have changed by now but here are a couple of suggestions
    – he may be ‘fat on the inside like MM who was at a normal weight when he did this to reverse his pre diabetes
    – more exercise would help with blood sugar levels
    – maybe you need to look at portion sizes, more low gi foods, less protein (too much protein sends my bs levels up)
    Maybe there is something else going on – there are some forms of diabetes mentioned in the book in addition to Type 1, which don’t respond to this because they have a different cause.
    I’m not an expert, but hope this helps.
    And well done to him for losing 1.5 stone over 8 weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.