Help – away for the weekend

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hedds
    on

Hello all, I’m currently on week 5 and have lost 16lbs and 2 inches off my waist. My blood sugar levels each morning are now between 4.6 and 5.4 down form 7.5 – 8.2 . My worry is that we have a big family weekend ahead, we are staying with family and they have booked three restaurant meals out. We are celebrating a wedding anniversary and two family birthdays one of which is mine. I have checked the menus for each restaurant and even the lowest options for carbs and calories are around 750 cals. What do I do? Do I just eat over my calories for three days as I can’t go a whole day without food for three days and then a meal in the evening? Or do I just eat soup at each meal? I thought the soup option was a good one but my hubby wants me to enjoy my birthday meal as it is at a Michelin stared restaurant which has been booked for over 6 months. The whole weekend has been a year in the planning. Please help!
    Hedds

• posted by Bill1954
    on

First I’d be having a word with the husband, something along the lines of “what’s more important, one birthday or the rest of my life”
    Then when that fails (it will) just do the best you can with the food on offer and get straight back on the diet afterwards.

• posted by Celsa
    on

Keep in mind that there is no reason you have to finish a plate of food. Feel secure in stopping eating when you’re full, and/or not eating the carb laden parts of the meal. It’s not a waste of money as you can’t pick and choose the amount of food you order.

• posted by Hedds
    on

Thanks for the quick replies,
    I am also cutting down my calorie intake to 600 for the next two days to help with any over indulgence.
    Bill I spoke to my husband but due to the fact the family have chosen the taster menu, I will have to do what Celsa suggested and leave the high carb parts, or pass them on to someone else.
    I am already looking forward to getting back home on Sunday evening and proper food as I now call my diet, no processed rubbish.

Thanks again Hedds

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

This reply may be too late for you, but… you can always ask restaurants to prepare you something simple or to omit something off a meal. You can get them to grill you a piece of fish and steam some veg. If they are a proper restaurant they will do this. Even if you can’t get a piece of fish you could have some steak or something.

Doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.