Hello World

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jamessnee1
    on

Hi guys,
    My name is James. This thread is going to be where I document what I am eating/how I am feeling for the next 8 weeks. My mum bought me the book and I read it in two sittings. About me – I am no stranger to diet and exercise, having completed multiple gym programs off Bodybuilding.com and yet, I always seem to put the weight back on. For example, 2 years ago I weighed 88.8 kg and did a 12 week gym program, and got back down to 70kg, obviously with eating the right things, and when reading the book I saw a correlation with the diets there, the only thing that was different was that there were more carbs in the gym diet, meaning I would only lose 1kg/week if I was lucky. Problem is, I have put the weight back on and I am now 99.7kg and have a lot of fat around my midsection, which I would like to get rid of. Today is Day 1, and I have had a protein shake for breakfast (with skim milk) which came to around 255 calories, so 545 to go. I’m planning on going to the shops and getting some chicken breast and broccoli for lunch and dinner, which should hopefully take me close to the 800cal limit. I am not very fussy with food, and can usually eat the same foods day in day out. I love how varied the recipes are in the book, but I like to keep it simple so I will probably be sticking to my protein shake for breakfast/oats and then for lunch and dinner have chicken breast/thighs and broccoli/green veggies as my carb (they are fibrous carbs). I should mention that my father had prediabetes (he has since reversed it), so I was at risk of inheriting that, as I am about to turn 30 I feel that there’s no time like the present to not only get this part of my life in check, but to improve my mood.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi James,
    There are lots of people succeeding on here where other diets have failed them.
    You should have more fat in your diet than you have planned, otherwise you will get hungry and be tempted to stray. Maybe add some plain yoghurt and full fat milk to your shake in the morning. Make sure your protein shake is low carb too, some of the whey based ones are quite high.
    All the best, keep reading the posts for inspiration 🙂

• posted by jamessnee1
    on

I have just been to the shops and have bought some plain yoghurt for snacking, as well as some more milk. The protein powder I use is MusclePharm Combat Powder, Cookies and Cream flavour, which has 5g carbs per serving, and 25g protein. Thank you for your post 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi James
    with your background you should breeze through this.
    As Cherrianne says keep an eye on the fats as well as the carbs. It seems strange to most people but the fats are key to losing weight as you retrain your body to burning them instead of carbs.
    Best of luck.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

James you definitely have it all worked out, and are on the right track. Look forward to following your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.