Hello – Help/support/advice needed!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amazon74
    on

Hello all!

I have been lurking on the boards for a couple of weeks now and have read some amazing stories!

I started my BSD journey two weeks ago. I started for a number of reasons (mainly because for the first time in my life at the age of 42 I’m overweight!) . I dislike being this way and have started to trying to lose the 2 stones I’ve put on after taking anti depressants for a period of time.
    During the first week I lost 5 pounds which was ok ..(ok I admit i would have liked more!) this week so far I have lost nothing, in fact to add insult to injury I have put back on 3 of the 5 pounds I lost in the first week.

Logically I know I haven’t consumed 10,500 Calories so I know this is likely water weight (I’m a little constipated too which probably isn’t helping)
    Today I would like to dive into the biscuit tin, and just make myself sick with biscuits and junk food… but I’m trying to stay strong.
    Any kind words of encouragement would be appreciated!!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi Amazon74. It seems like just about everyone (including me) has a plateau in week two so you’re not alone! Just keep going and so will the weight.

• posted by Amazon74
    on

Hi Natalie! I thought the plateau happened in week 3? How frustrating.. Nothing for it I guess but to keep on keeping on x

• posted by Lara
    on

Hi Amazon74 – stick with it! I’m now in week 4 and I’ve noticed with myself and others on the forums that the weightless isn’t constant week to week. I lost about 5lbs in week 1, only 3lbs in week 2 and 6lbs in week 3! Week 4 has been slow again – barely moving on the scales. I’ve been disciplined with all my meals – avg around 900 cal per day – so I know its not because I’m eating differently week to week, it’s just how our bodies are. It can be a bit discouraging not to see constant steady losses but you just have to persevere 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.