Hello everyone! In denial for a long time now seen the light!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daria191
    on

Just joined this Forum and looking forward to being a part of this! I have been a type-2 diabetic for 3 and a half years and most of it spent in denial. My friend told me about Michael Mosley’s interview on Jeremy Vine a week or so ago so I listened to it via I-Player later. I can honestly say it was as if a light had suddenly appeared at the end of a very long, dark tunnel. I can reverse it. I want to. I got the Blood Sugar Diet book on my Kindle and read it this last week. Since I stuck to Michael’s suggestion to ‘read this book all the way through’ I haven’t started the diet properly until now – but I snuck in a couple of things in the week that I could do anyway before I knew the whole picture. I have lost 4 lbs and 2 inches of my waist. Needless to say the diet has started in earnest now!

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

Go, go, go! 🙂

• posted by censap
    on

Good Luck Daria!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome onboard Daria. Lots of inspiration and support on here. 😃

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Cracking start Daria. Looking forward to sharing your journey.

• posted by Kezb
    on

Hi Daria, me too have been type 2 for 7 years and mostly in denial. First time on the forum but have been doing the diet for two weeks and have lost 9lbs. Blood sugars slightly lowered but not quite cracked it yet! Mostly coping but slightly obsessing about food and preparation!

• posted by Daria191
    on

I am trying to see it as not going on a diet as such, but changing habits. Putting good things in the place of bad things which have got me where I am today. I feel better already – and it’s 8 weeks to start, not a long time in the great scheme of things.

Please log in or register to post a reply.