Hello Everyone

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NannyP
    on

Hi there everyone. Am hoping that this time round I can be successful with my weight loss goal. Have two family weddings this coming July and really want to lose weight before shopping for the outfit! So here goes. Found Michael’s book only the other day and it all makes sense to me especially as I like to have dairy products as part of my diet and he gives some good alternatives carbohydrates. Anyone else just starting out?

• posted by wendyq
    on

Hello NannyP,I’ve been doing the BSD for a week now and lost 5 pounds.I have a family wedding in May so want to be able to be a size 12 for that.I’m finding it ok so far,hope I can keep going.

• posted by NannyP
    on

Hi wendyq, thanks for your reply. I’m currently a size 18-20 and would like to be a 16 before weddings in July. One wedding is my youngest son so I am having to do the “mother of the groom” thing and don’t want to let him down by looking a mess in the photos! Have been working out my menus for next week so that I can shop sensibly. Here’s hoping. Glad to hear you have done so well in week 1. Will keep you posted. Good luck.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi NannyP

I’d suggest not buying your wedding clothes until much nearer July.

It’s quite possible to lose those couple of dress sizes and more between now and July.

Best wishes.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Between June and September last year I dropped from size 18 to size 14/almost 12 so definitely leave the purchase of the outfit to later if you carry on with the Med style. I wasn’t even doing the fast 800 at that point, just BSD 5:2 and 4:3. Because of where you lose the fat from it seems to happen faster than you think it will. I ended up with several items of clothing I had never had the chance to wear because I changed shape so fast.

• posted by FightingT2
    on

Mixnmatch, that’s fantastic. In such a short space of time!

• posted by NannyP
    on

Thanks for all your positive comments. Looking forward to that shopping trip in a few months.

Please log in or register to post a reply.