Hello and Cloud Bread anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hi, I’m not diabetic but want to lose some weight before my daughter’s wedding in May. I did the 5.2 successfully 2 years ago by dropping 3.5 stone. A little has crept back on so I want it to go fast.

Did anyone see This Morning, this morning when they made cloud bread? It’s not bread at all. it’s made with 3 eggs – separated. 3TBPS cream cheese or cottage cheese and 1/4 tsp cream of tartar.

you whisk the egg whites in 1 bowl, and the egg yolks with the cream cheese and cream of tartar in the other. gradually add the whisked egg whites to the egg yolk mixture. put dollops on a baking sheet and cook at a low heat 130c for 15 mins. they look like puffs of cloud and you can use them in place of bread apparently.

i’ll make some tomorrow, but they looked good on tv.

• posted by FatCat
    on

I didn’t see this, but they sound good – may give it a go.
    Hello, I’m new here – your post caught my eye because I’m not diabetic either, but I’m overweight with too much abdominal fat which needs to go! I only started eating the Med diet on 10th – having been a great cereal and bread eater, not to mention chocaholic – and I’m delighted that I’ve lost 2 or 3lbs already, without feeling too hungry and without the carb cravings I thought I’d have to deal with.

• posted by AnnaJennings
    on

Hi. I made the cloud bread mentioned in one of the forums , (can’t recall where) but used Soya yoghurt instead of cream cheese as I am dairy intolerant. I ran out of space on my baking sheet so put the remaining mixture in small Yorkshire pudding tins as suggested. The ones cooked on the baking tray turned out nice and brown and I thought ideal as a ‘vehicle ‘ for toppings or sandwiching a filling together. The small ones didn’t brown as well but were useful to dip into soup. Nothing like bread of course, but a good substitute if going low carb. I will continue to make them.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hello Fatcat and AnnaJennings.

I must admit i’ve not made the cloud bread yet. Glad yours turned out well AnnaJennings.

I’ll have been on it a week tomorrow and at at this morning, have lost 8lbs. I must admit it’s been easier than i thought.

How is it going now Fatcat? Are you missing the cereal and bread? I suppose I miss my porridge, i just used to have it plain with perhaps a sliced banana on top, but have cut it out altogether, same with bread. I started making my own bread recently and bought a breadmaker. I don’t like all the preservatives and sugar that’s in commercially made bread.

• posted by Queenvix
    on

Hello- I made to on Saturday. It was great as a sandwich substitute one the day and still good the next day too although it was very delicate. I will defo make it again. Worth a try. X

• posted by Fi
    on

Hi, I made the cloud bread on the weekend and they were really nice – I put some fresh mixed herbs into the mixture. My husband really liked them. They are not very filling though but I am going to try having them for lunch tomorrow with a nice filling (I froze what I had left over so I hope they freeze well)! Will make them again and try putting different flavours in them!

• posted by Metta
    on

Hello Spirit and Fatcat! Its my first day today and like you looking to loose some weight, especia,ly from arou d my middle. I am 59 yrs old and in recent years started to feel more and more unfit and gained weight that I lost a couple of years ago doing the 5:2 diet Dr Mosley wrote about. This information just got me inspired. Especially after seeing a great documentary from New Zealand called “Is sugar the new fat?”
    So wonderful to see all of you sharing your experiences and wisdoms. Good on you all!

• posted by Spirit
    on

Metta, you could be my twin! I’ll check out the documentary too.

Fi and Queenvix, glad your bread turned out well. I’ve still got a fridge full of stuff so not needing to make any just yet.

• posted by FatCat
    on

Hello again, I’ve made these and they came out well.

Spirit – yes, I do miss cereals in particular, I was always a great one for porridge and raw jumbo oats. I’m not missing bread nearly as much as I thought I would. I find it easier not to eat it at all rather than just eat a little bit.The only time I’ve got really hungry is today, when I didn’t plan ahead and was home later then intended.

Metta – I lost a lot on the 5:2 about 3 years ago, but it came back (it went to pieces when I took my daughter on holiday), and I found it really difficult to get back on it.

Really pleased so far, 5lb in 6 days, and I cycled over 50 miles yesterday (I did allow myself a banana and some raisins before I tackled the last hills on the way home!)

Please log in or register to post a reply.