Hello

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by cowolter
    on

My name is Alex and I’m a type 1 diabetic trying to lose weight.
    My weight has always fluctuated. But I’ve never been able to get down to my goal. I’m currently 145 and have lost 15 pounds since March, but I’ve hit a plateau (and I’m afraid it’ll come back, being that lockdown now and don’t have a possibility for the gym). My goal is 120 but I can’t seem to get under 140. I get frustrated with trying to exercise and eat right while managing my numbers. Hope will find here your personal advice and stories to share.
    Greet to join the community

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hello Alex and welcome. Lots of good information is available through this forum.
    Just reading in your profile that you thought you may be diabetic and have bought a tester to test yourself. My strong advice if you haven’t already done so would be to seek medical advice if you think you have type 1 or 2 diabetes. Self testing will not give you a full or correct diagnosis.
    Otherwise let us know what sort of eating plan are you following or want to try? It’s important to aim for a realistic goal. 120 lbs is a pretty low weight. Plenty of great people to help here 🌺😀 👍

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi, I’m Rosyapple!
    Looking to a new way of life, again.
    I worked the 5:2 diet with great results a few years ago and after some major ups and downs I’m back to try again.
    I am currently 14.6 stone and looking to lose a couple of those and see how I feel.
    This time I’m going to try the 8 week BSD. I’ve planned my menu and done a big shop, also emptied the cupboards of crap, not that there was much there, tended to eat it all as I purchased it!
    Day one, had a nice breakfast and been for my walk.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Rosyapple, Welcome and wishing you well with your BSD journey. I hope you will find us a happy supportive group in these difficult times! You sound very organised and ready to go! There are a couple of us – me included – who are “rebooting” at the moment, so it is nice to have someone else at the beginning of the 8 week journey.

I’m not sure if you know the layout of the website, but there are a two or three very active threads that you might like to join in on including the “One week at a time”, that wendleg and Sunny co-host. You can find them under “Forums” “recent topics” If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask and someone will be along to give some thoughts or advice (non-medical). You can also use the search facility on the website. http://www.dietdoctor.com is also a good resource for recipes and guidance on low-carb eating.

As you start the BSD, I would simply advise you to make sure you drink lots of water, and to take a pinch of salt now and again if you develop a headache (aka “carb flu”). Wishing you lots of success.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi Caronl, thanks for your reply with guidance! I shall check out active threads, it’ll be good to get some support there as I’m going alone. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.