Hello

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JulioM
    on

Hello to everyone on the BSD good luck with your diets.

I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic about 6 weeks ago, my Mum told me about the book and so I bought it. I started dieting a few weeks ago and have lost about a stone and a half, sticking to the diet more and more as time went on. Initially I just removed carbs and sugars from my diet, but recently have ditched muesli breakfasts, weekend fry ups and I’ve gone for yoghurt with nuts and fruit for breakfast and smaller main meals in the evenings, with leftovers for lunch.

I’ve always tried to be reasonably active, cycling to work and going for walks, and I thought I was eating reasonably healthily : plenty of salads and fruit. But I liked my pies and fish and chips as well :S by the time of my diagnosis I was about 17.5 stone. Clearly I was kidding myself with the healthy eating stuff.

Anyway nice to join you all.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome JulioM, good to see you, you have done well so far. Hopefully you will be one of those people who, starting the diet soon after diagnoses, will be able to reverse the diabetes completely. Looking forward to following your progress.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there JULIO..just left a message on yr mango thread x welcome to the forum and good luck with yr journey!
    Plenty of help and fun along the way on this site x!

• posted by JulioM
    on

Thanks Yowser 🙂

• posted by JulioM
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl 🙂

That’s what I’m aiming for!.

Please log in or register to post a reply.