Hello

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dianeworthy
    on

Recently diagnosed t2, 55 years old and want to lose 9 STONE.
    I have been following the diet for 10 days so far and I have lost 10lbs! Absolutely over the moon!

• posted by Antigone
    on

BRilliant! Well done you ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep posting your progress ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay!

• posted by Maefly
    on

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information and support here. I believe you have made a great start by choosing the BSD. It is well researched, flexible and actually addresses blood sugar issues unlike almost any other diet you could name (including the one recomended by the NHS). I am so happy that you have had a good weightloss, it really helps when you can get off to a flying start. Some plan the heck out of it before they start, some just jump in, but how ever you do it, it is that starting that counts. It sounds like you are in this for the long hall, so have a trawl through the forums for inspiration from CaptainLynne, Hashimoto and the other “old timers” (sorry guys ;)) I am sure they will be along to say hello. Check out the recipies too. Feel the low carb love!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Dianeworthy – welcome.

Great result!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In 35 weeks on 800 BSD I’ve lost 6st 2lb – another 5 pounds to go.

I was type 2 and fasting blood when Imstarted was 10.9 with HbA1c of 9.6. Metformin was being threatened. Now my fasting levels are in the normal range, I get readings of 3.8 and 3.9. When my levels stabilised I stopped testing daily, now just randomly. Last two HbA1c (April and July) were 5.5 and 5.2 – again in the ‘normal’ range.

From size 24 (tight) I’m now in size 12/14.

• posted by Dianeworthy
    on

Wow that is amazing! Well done!

• posted by Dianeworthy
    on

Thank you. This is a great forum!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Welcome to our little madhouse ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.