Headspace is sorcery

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by aims
    on

Hello 😊

I just needed to express how much I love Headspace. I love it a lot. I’m still in the ‘Take Ten’ phase but I am definitely going to pay for the content once my ten days are up.

I have heard a lot about mindfulness etc, but I didn’t really take much notice or think it would actually be helpful. But I feel calmer. And my heart rate is lower..I don’t know how this happened but I don’t feel stressed, and I always feel stressed.

Has anybody read anything/have other ideas for more mindfulness exercises?

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Thanks for the recommendation – I downloaded it before I started the diet but haven’t given it any further thought.

Maybe its time to change that!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I tried Headspace, got to about 30, didn’t do much for me. My mind would wander and there are such long periods of silence I’d realise I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and there was no voice guidance for ages. I suck at meditation. But one that would work better for me would have more constant calm talking, not silence.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I haven’t tried Headspace, but have just picked up a fascinating book called the Headspace Diet, which isn’t a diet book per se but is all about mindful eating techniques, and deconstructing all the emotions and feelings behind why people eat too much. I did think the mindfulness element was the thing I was weakest at when it came to starting my maintenance, so will be interested to give these techniques a try.

• posted by Krista77
    on

Headspace? I’ve never heard about it, but if you recommend, I download it and try!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Natalie – if you struggle with silent meditation, try a chanted meditation. You can do this very simply for yourself, by constructing a short mantra to repeat over and over – I sometimes just use ‘peace, tranquillity, serenity’ – or you can find ‘official’ mantras online. Then just sit in your own space, close your eyes, concentrate on your breathing for a few minutes and then just chant – best out loud, but if you are self conscious you can do this in your head. Chanting helps to stop the mind from wandering and is actually quite powerful.

Please log in or register to post a reply.