Hbac1 test result

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Andycol52
    on

Hi all

I’m now in my 6th week of the 8 week plan and as I am due to go on holiday to my native Italy I had a Hbac1 test to see where I’m at. Last test in June it was 59 and the result today was 47.35 (very exact I thought). At this point I have lost 10.6kg (23.4 lbs), I have to say I was a little disappointed because when I was first diagnosed in 2016 with a score of 54 within the next 3 months it was down to 46 without the calorie counting and trying to stick to the 800 calories a day. Do you think I am expecting too much too soon?

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Andycol54 Well Done, that’s a great loss and dro pin numbers.
    I think you’re being too harsh on yourself. ~There always seems to be a plateau and I’m on one at the moment too.
    It does enourage me to ‘try a bit harder’ so I’ll be very strict, bar my cups of tea, although they get less milk! 😀
    It sounds like me you lost an initial weight loss from following the principals but it’s eased up a bit now.
    I’m not diabetic so I cannot advise on those numbers. But it sounds good to me. The fact that it’s still dropping ought to still be a really good thing?
    I need my cholesterol to drop and that’s going to take time. I’ve lost inches around my waist but several more to go yet!
    I do see this as a life changing way of eating, not ‘just a diet’. That way after I’ve got to where I want to be (and I’ve decided ‘by christmas’) to give myself a lot of ‘slow weight loss’ time – then I can go on a balancing diet… by slowing increasing until it evens out.
    Although in the winter I do less activities… (Mind I have a foot that is recovering from reconstruction so I’ve little chance of any activity at the moment anyway ! 😀 )
    And we all lose weight differently. Some around here seem to be able to lose a stone a month but that hasn’t been my experience after the first month. But I’m still new to it all and still learning a lot! 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.