HbA1c

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chris53
    on

Hi again everyone. My recent HbA1c two weeks ago was 6.9 hence why l am on this diet. The question is my doctor apart from other blood tests wants a repeat and next week after 10 days on this diet would there be a changes in this result.Thank you.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi chris53,
    They’re usually done less frequently than that but if you’ve been monitoring your blood sugars and seen them drop, then there should be a change in your HbA1c. Remember it’s an average measure of about 90 days of blood sugar levels, so it will include the time before you started. So if it’s not a huge decrease don’t be too disappointed. Keep up the good work though as the next one will be even better. 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi chris53
    I don’t know if 10 days will be enough time. I had tests taken 4 weeks in to the plan and they showed a definite lowering of HbA1c levels so there may just be a pointer in your results.

• posted by chris53
    on

Thank you. Probably not the best time. To be honest l don’t know why l need to take that test so soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.